Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Autococker

Grimmers

Sep 3, 2008
Bury, Lancs
Guys,

need to pick your expert brains.....toying with the idea of a 'Cocker, but was just wondering..if i get a mechanical, are they easy/cheap to switch to electronic or is it a big no no?

are they gentle on air/paint?

not too sure how much to spend, just want something "interesting". Any other ideas??

Thanks for your time.

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
It isn't too hard to switch from a mechanical cocker to an electronic one, but I know I would keep it mech and buy a modern electronic marker. There's something awesome about an all mech marker. If you decided you really wanted to, you can get an eblade frame and front block somewhere and bolt them straight on. I have one spare that i'll sell if you decide to switch.

Autocockers use a setup of springs to release the valve that lets air out into the bolt. They can be set up to be very efficient using the right springs.
I'll leave someone else to explain the gentle on paint, because I believe it's more complicated than I think.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
A mech cocker is kind to paint if it's set-up & timed properly. A badly set up one can be a paint blender, and it takes practice to shoot one quickly because of the 2 stage trigger pull. The Electro versions are a lot easier to shoot fast, and have the eye to help prevent chops. The swap from Mech to Electo is pretty easy, but it won't turn a crap cocker into a good one unless it's fettled first.

I paid £80 for a complete E1 blade kit - they are out there if you shop around

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Its usually cheaper to buy and electro-cocker than to buy a mech and upgrade. Plus electro conversion kits are becoming a bit of a rarity