The Home Of European Paintball

Avalanche Cheating?

Furby

Naughty Paintball God
Mar 28, 2002
Norman Park, Georgia
www.thefordreport.com
Originally posted by Ronn
I agree with Baca Loco when he says that the problem is "the failure to enforce existing rules."
As our sport continues to grow, the reffing will eventually reach a professional level and the need for more refs per field will be met. When this happens, the cheating issue will diminsh some what, just as it has in most professional sports. The refs in the NBA or NFL here in America have the absolute last word, know the rules, and enforce them without bias or mercy. Mistakes are still made, and cheating still occurs, but not on a rampant level that threatens the sport.

The officiating is the key...their perception is the only one that matters...once the reffing is up to par, all the controversy about perceived and real cheating will go out the door.

Welcome to Lala Land

Originally posted by Nick Iuel-Brockdorff
To enforce a "video evidence" rule, you would need every player covered from every angle (or at least from 3 angles). - With luck, you could get by with 20+ cameras on a field.
You don't have to catch all of the cheaters all of the time, jsut a couple of cameras would help catch people out. Closer to 10 cameras total.

Sorry I agreed that I'd had my say, but I really don't think that 100 cameras is realisticly needed.

Richard