The Home Of European Paintball

Balls, as it were

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
What!

Errrr....that sound a bit technical. If you go to www.automags.org I'm sure Tom Kaye has gone thru a paintball flight path and things like temperature and barrels.

I would guess it would depend if you were using Air or Co2, and deferent variables like humidity and how thin the air was. As for the barrel being cold or warm I wouldn't think it made a difference untill the ball left the barrel.

This is probably all bollocks but it might start you thinking.

Robbie

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
I have no idea, sorry dude:(

I tried freezing paintballs once, the shell went very brittle, but nothing noticable happened to the fill:confused: I would guess paintballs fly better in warmer weather because there is less water in the air.

Tom - Hows the Impulse going these days:confused:

I'm now waiting for Robbo to show up and lay the smack down on all us fools;)

Laters guys:)

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
The Impulse is currently in at smart parts to have the board re-done to get the battery join fixed, so I am waiting to hear from them I may give them a call next week, I don't want to be a pushy customer that pisses them off but I would like it back soon.
Not that I can play at the moment my weekends are no longer free, Which sucks

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Hmmm......tough one.

First off, if it's hot, it doesn't automatically mean that there's less water in the air. Trust me, I have walked in the equatorial rainforests, and if two things apply there, it's: A) It's hot! And B) The humidity in the air is insanely high!
Also, the coldest days of the year are always really dry days....(moisture in the air actually traps warmth, when it's cloudy at night, it doesn't cool off as much as during a very clear night.....).
But back to the question at hand. I have no real idea about the influence of the weather on the trajectory of a paintball. When it's warm, most things will expand, including barrels and paintballs. I get the feeling that the paint is more susceptable to this phenomenon that the barrel is, but this can ofcourse be offset by using a larger bore size, so no big chances in that respect.
All I can see happening is just indirect influences. If it's cold, the shells will get brittle, which can cause a lot of barrelbursting, resulting in no trajectory at all. When paintballs are exposed to warmth for too long, the shell will get a bit softish, and consequently it might start to dimple, which will give you that unpredictable trajectory.
Well boys and girls, all people complain about the weather, but us paintballers are the only ones to have good reason to do so....:D

I'm sorry, I don't think that answered your question much, but I tried.

Peace.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
You know when the lovely people at Thunder looked at it the battery bit was broken,

Well I showed it to Nick at SP and he said to post it to them to have the bit replaced.

And anyway young lad should you not be at school:D

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
Ahh my young fellow, yes of course this is possible,

BUT,

It has to go to smart parts to be done and will cost about £180-200. They have to replace the board and drill out bits for the eye. Fit new components. Why not give them a call. You know Nick don't you? He will help you out.

So yes it can be done but it costs and you cant do it to save the cost (I don't think)

L8r Dude and hope you feel better soon,