Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

barrel info needed

rexy

Northern Alliance
Jul 5, 2012
Northampton
right guys need some help/advice

just lately picked up a 2012 vanguard demon, only issuse i have is jus have the standard 2 sizes of barrel 0.685 & 0.689 and to be frank in need of more options of barrel bores, but question is do i just buy an extra barrel or two from vanguard or do i go down barrell kit route, are they worth it, whats the best, is it worth goin for carbon fibre front if i do, would a ceramic barrel kit be any good.........i dont know hence my problem lol

any advice would be helpful, especially good advice!

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Rexy

You pretty much have the 2 fronts that are used the most. I would only look at a 0.693 tip and then you have all 3 sizes and between them all you will be sorted

Just look for a Unitec 0.693 and i would leave it as that.

I might have one floating about- What colour would you be after

rexy

Northern Alliance
Jul 5, 2012
Northampton
black if possible, jus to be stealthy n match the marker, onli thinking of ceramic/CF due to more weight reduction for example had j&j ceramic kit for my a5 and made hell of a difference weight wise, just thinking if it would make much difference :)

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
black if possible, jus to be stealthy n match the marker, onli thinking of ceramic/CF due to more weight reduction for example had j&j ceramic kit for my a5 and made hell of a difference weight wise, just thinking if it would make much difference :)
If you went for the CF you would need a whole barrel ( Front and back) or a one piece which will be alot more then a front tip to add. I found it didnt make that much difference weight wise

Reactions: rexy

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
Unitech barrels are extremely light as is and carbon fibre is not much if at all lighter
Unitech are quite possibly the best barrel's on the marker in my opinion, only problem with single piece barrel is the fact that if u take a core sample u can just screw the front off and carry on ;)

Reactions: rexy

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
yup took a good soak in the bath too loosen all the mud out, didnt help was playing on a field riddled with patches of clay