Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Beginner gun advice

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Earpy, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Earpy Hiding in view. Waiting for prey

Earpy
    Message Count:
    I'm been working at nfp for a few months and it's something I really want to get into but I'm have trouble picking, I'm looking at a second hand ETEK 4, dye nt11 and others. I really want the mp7(bt7). Iv not seen one at NPF before I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I'm also looking at the tippmann crossover xvr for both woodball and speedball as I would like to give the speedball ago.

2. Sid Sidgwick North East Killers-Lethal Bizzle

Sid Sidgwick
    Message Count:
    Out of them I would by far chose the Etek 4 as this is a great marker than will last you years, keeps up with the best guns out there still and is easy to maintain and care for.

The Dye NT11 requires more rigorous care than the Etek but is equally as nice. The other two options are nowhere near as good, not even close but it all comes down to personal preference and finance.

3. Earpy Hiding in view. Waiting for prey

Earpy
    Message Count:
    I'm looking £225 for the ETEK and £110 for the dye, both second hand. The other two are £350-£400. I'm learning towards the ETEK as iv been told there great markers and evening a eclipse is more of the reason to get one but I'm really having trouble picking megfed or hopper

4. The Artful Dodger Well-Known Member

The Artful Dodger
    Message Count:
    Unfortunately for me I'll be having a big old clear out back end of the week.selling up everything

5. Earpy Hiding in view. Waiting for prey

Earpy
    Message Count:
    What you selling and how much. One the things I'm looking into is padding for Marshall the NPF diamond war or the 2017 paintfest.

6. The Artful Dodger Well-Known Member

The Artful Dodger
    Message Count:
    Marker wise my lv1.1 around 1000 shots only,absolutely like brand new. But that will be around £500 alone.havent fully decided on price for things
    Dye rotor...I bought from here
    Grillz mask with box still
    Full super freak kit in case. Like brand new + dye back to fit to lv1
    Halo too hopper,mint condition
    Battle pack
    Planet eclipse pants and older dye pants I think they are
    I'll do this all properly with proof pics later this week,got more stuff aswell.everything is in full working order in superb condition.
    Bought a new home on Saturday and just need the cash as the extra fees have kicked me in the t**t

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  7. Earpy Hiding in view. Waiting for prey

Earpy
    Message Count:
    Let me know when you have the picture has i have to wait 8 more days before I can post in the classified section:(

8. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Going through those as choices:

Eclipse & Dye are good choices and you will find fans in either camp.

The BT TM7 is essentially an Empire mini in a 'tactical' body designed with the look of an MP7
    The hopper feed neck is offset to one side 'to give you a clear view' down the iron sight, which is pretty much a step back in time in paintball and most will happily have a central feedneck and hopper.
    The rails on paintball guns are more about the 'tactical' look - that's what real guns have, so that's what people want to buy
    The two main uses of rails in paintball that have a real function are to fit a camera or a torch, which are dependant on whether you will be doing those. Otherwise they are a method of adding additional weight
    If you like the look and idea of the TM7, then that's as good a reason to buy and enjoy using what you like

The you've referred to the crossover as an option because you would like to try tournament style as well. That's a marketing element by tippmann with the crossover, that it gives a tippmann user something they can use in tournament style.
    Its design lets it run mechanically and electronically

Any paintball gun can be used in the woods and in a tournament environment
    The difference between a 'woodsball' gun and a 'tournament' gun is people's perception
    A 'tournament' gun has evolved with the ergonomics for paintball which makes them ideal in the woods as well
    A 'woodsball' gun has been led by the buyers perception of what a gun should look like, which means that the physical charactistics that come from real bullets don't always come out best for paintball
    Taking a basic 'woodsball' gun to a tournament would have the disadvantage against an optimised 'tournament' gun but they both send out paintballs at a velocity & rate of fire

Magfed or hopper:
    Magfed is a bit of a lifestyle choice, taking a magfed gun out against other paintballers of mixed styles disadvantages you with the limited amount of paintballs per magazine change.
    Magfed in a dedicated magfed only game or a limited paint game gives different dynamics to the game
    I wouldn't recommend going magfed up against other general players for a new player, but playing limited paint or pure magfed is worth a try if you might be interested

Take advantage of being at NPF and chat with the different players at diamond wars etc and check out their gear

I'd recommend perhaps being conservative with a standard speedball style gun with hopper and playing general paintball, or hold on as long as you can before committing your first purchases and look around as much as possible

Butch Roughlove likes this.
  9. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Go for layers of loose clothing, the layers and air gaps between contribute to enhancing the reduction in impact
    Look around at different styles of bounce vest padding for what maybe right for you
    Discuss preferences with the rest of the marshalls as to what they like and why

10. Earpy Hiding in view. Waiting for prey

Earpy
    Message Count:
    Thank tom. Think I'm may go for the ETEK because it's second hand for a shop at 225. But if I come into some money then is going to be the bt7 it tippmann. Hopefully I can get this second job, so I can get one of them.