Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Being a newbie quick questions

Smithy947

Sep 6, 2015
being a newbie to paint ball I have a few questions.

I've just brought a
2014 proto maxxed rail the marker is bran new ;) and got for rather cheap I think.
I then brought a 2014 dye rotor

On the way home I though about a air tank, will I need a 4500 psi carbon tank or will my little 3000psi one do?
Thanks in advance

Smithy947

Sep 6, 2015
Also
I live in ware Hertfordshire where is the best place to bye equipment and best place to refill my air tank?
Would it be helpful to me if I got a filling station for a scuba tank, if so where could I get one?
Can only find them on eBay and 90% come from China I would rather spend a bit more money then have a cheap on that could possible break
Thanks again

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Your 3000psi will operate your marker fine. You could go with a fibre one later on but, if you already have one, use the one you have for now.
I wouldn't bother with a scuba tank - there's air available wherever you play these days, and you can just make sure you leave the day with a full tank, which will give you enough air to tinker away from the field if needs be.

Reactions: Smithy947

Smithy947

Sep 6, 2015
Never thought about that filling up on site.
Did not know if you brought your own equipment if you would be aloud to do so.
What's the best siste around Hertfordshire?
Thanks for the information buddy :)

Tom_Redding

KU NEMESIS
Apr 23, 2014
Another note, if you live close to a site then they normally will let you just turn up and fill your bottle if you ask nicely, sometimes they might charge for it though, but it's not normally much. As for my 50 cent on the 3000/4500 psi bottle, The only times I have managed to fill above 3000 was at North Vs South, or at the elite field at CPPS, everywhere else I have played has only had 3000 fills, so if weight isn't an issue for you I would initially go for a steel, cheap 3000 bottle as a carbon one will set you back a lot more.

Reactions: Smithy947

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Never thought about that filling up on site.
Did not know if you brought your own equipment if you would be aloud to do so.
What's the best siste around Hertfordshire?
Thanks for the information buddy :)
Bricketwood is a good starting point. Regular Sup'air training sessions and teams, plus a monthly walkon day.

Reactions: Bolter

Smithy947

Sep 6, 2015
With the walk on days what would I need?
I have a mask ,marker,hopper and a empty air bottle lol

How much are the walk on days
And would I not just get slaughtered being a newbie ?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Mask, Marker, Hopper, bottle (in test) are the basics. You'll need a pod pack and some pods as well, and something to wear (which could just be some old combats and and long sleeve tshirt). A squeegee and basic spares (batteries etc) would be pretty much essential too, plus I'd want some padding myself.
Cost is on the link I posted, but you'd not be slaughtered as a newbies. Be open and friendly and take advice from teamates and you'll learn quickly enough.