Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best air system for a 6 foot 2 inch player?

benepv

Aug 13, 2011
UK
I didn't really want to have to spend over £50 on an air system and I planned on getting this http://www.rap4uk.com/62ci-Pro-Aluminium-Tank-Guerrilla-Paintball-p/g-2351.htm but I now think that it will be a bit short for me as I am tall and have long arms. So, it looks like I'm going to have to spend loads of money on a used carbon fibre tank unless someone has a better suggestion. Anyway, what CI would be best for me? I was thinking a 70ci but they are hard to some by and very expensive. Any cheaper options? (P.S I will be playing both tournament paintball and woodsball.)

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
If money affords get a 1.1l 4500psi fibre wrapped bottle. If your lucky you can pick one up for around £60-70.

It will be the only one you need and you won't need to spend again in the future (resale in the aluminium tanks is terrible so you are unlikely to be able to sell it to put towards a fibre wrapped)

benepv

Aug 13, 2011
UK
If money affords get a 1.1l 4500psi fibre wrapped bottle. If your lucky you can pick one up for around £60-70.

It will be the only one you need and you won't need to spend again in the future (resale in the aluminium tanks is terrible so you are unlikely to be able to sell it to put towards a fibre wrapped)
Will this be a comfortable fit for me considering that i'm 6 foot 2?

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
or just get a reg extender, I know a few of the infamous guys use them.

Most paintball companies sell them, guerilla lips ans etc.
it gives you a couple of inches more and I think empire do ones from 2inches up to 4 inches.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
This is the same advice I used to read every where for new players 10 years ago
Unless you stick to one setup or buy and sell many players end up with multiples of everything
On the scale of things in paintball a small payment of £30 on an alumimium is not a waste

On the contrary £30 for a 5 year cylinder if you never retest (or £30 for a 10 year cylinder if sites recognise that alumimium are legal for 10 years)
That's £6 or £3 a year, and around or under the price of a case of paint

A fibre at £150 commits you to invest in retests or to sell as second hand
Retest and you're looking at around £25 every 5 years, don't and you've shed half the cost on your second hand sale value
That's £200 over 15 years, £13 a year

Start with a basic alumimium now and your 'worthless' cylinder when you upgrade to fibre is your spare
Extra capacity to refill for 'home testing', a loan set when you bring a mate, an emergency spare if you blow your burst disk or when waiting for retest, or a good deed give away to a new player

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
I agree in part Tommika but from my standpoint (of someone who both buys and sells and has been in and out of the game in recent times) it makes much more financial sense to buy a second hand, albeit in test and looked after fibre wrap for around £75 which he will still probably be using in 3 years time rather than spending his initial outlay on something that may then sit in his kit bag to be loaned out to others.

I agree people often end up with multiple items (I have more guns that I know what to do with) and its that catch 22 situation of spend a little now for something no doubt useful or spend a bit more for a better item which will still have a reasonable resale value if he does decide to buy something different/quit in 6 months time.

You pay your money you make your choices.

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
To be honest, take a standard cylinder
If in doubt try one for size and see how it feels

Getting the right size and balance are worthwhile, but equally that gives you optimum ergonomics. Except for tiny players you just slightly adjust your stance

I'm 6', big head, big hands, big feet and have used most sizes of cylinder and guns with or without stocks
My main cylinder now is a compact 48ci fibre wrap but I may also use a small 13ci and previously used what I think of the top of my head was 88ci and recently used a normal basic 3000psi flat bottomed alumimium (worst time to use one as I was doing training drills, hand swapping, snap shooting etc)

Either keep your money and get the feel of some, or go standard at £30 and buy the 'right' one when you've got more experience and more money