Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best balls to break on the target?

Zanester

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I have never been so frusterated as when I make a great move that pays off and nail someone just to have them dive for cover, yell "paint check", and have the ref yell "your clean". Aaaugh:mad: I just risked myself or gave away my position and I won't be able to make the move again that game and it didn't pay off just because my stupid balls wouldn't break on the target!

My question (I'm getting around to it) is are there balls out there that break better than others on the target but don't break on the barrel. Sort of the anti-brasseagle balls. I don't care as much about accuracy because I don't shoot the streaghtest anyhow, but I want it to break when it hits.

I don't need a physics lesson on what makes one ball better than another. I have a minor in physics and I understand how it works. I just want to know which ones they are. I immagine that it will be the upper end balls, but I know that just because they are expensive doesn't mean they work better.

Some of you may also want to add some advice on proper storage once I have purchased my balls to insure maximum breakage. That advice will be well appreciated by myself as well.

Thanks in advance for the advice!;)

Zanester

Jamie

How, what, why,????
Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd say go for Diablo Hellfire or Inferno hellfire are more expensive and supposidly designed for low preassure markers becuase they have a more brittle shell and a very thick fill to them, Inferno is good as weel it has the same fill but a slightly thicker shell for high preassure markers.

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Usually the more expensive tournament paints are very fragile. They are designed to work in Low pressure markers. Though this may not always be the case, occasionally there'll be a batch of paint that is a bit off.

The best way to keep paint, is to keep it in a warm dark place, and make sure that you rotate the bags the balls are in, to make sure the paint doesnt settle inside the balls and they dont get flat edges.

Andy Huck

Jun 11, 2002
Guildford, England
Visit site
Just played a weekend with RPS paint, Angel users had problems with "El tigra" but found "All-star" to be great. On the other hand my team mate Klorr had no problems what so ever with the El-tigra in his cocker. We normally use Chronic on site and Diablo blaze at Temple.

Think I will be sticking with the RPS though

Zanester

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Some of the paint I had the biggest problem with was RPS, I don't remember the specific type. mabe it was just the batch I got, but it was new from the store so it wasn't storage problems on my part. I lit-up a couple of people with it without a single break on the target and who knows how many other hits I had that just bounced off.
Last week I played with JT Elite and I didn't have any of them break in my barrel and they seemed to break well on the target, so I was pretty satisfied. However, they were pretty expensive compared to other brands.
On another note, my wife thought she would be nice an pick me up a case of balls when she was at Walmart, Brasseagle what else. So I used them for target practice and to let my kids have some fun shooting my gun. At least one broke in my barrel every hopper full and I had to clean out tons of paint from the barrel after each hopper full was shot. While some broke too easily others wouldn't break at all. I shot one through a cardboard box and the ball was stuck in the hole on the inside of the box still unbroken and as hard as a rock. I'm glad I didn't hit a person with that one, Outch! Does anyone ban certain types of paint from fields because the paint sucks? I don't think I would want to play with someone using Brasseagle paint because I don't want to get hit by a rock traveling at 280 feet/second.:eek:

kr8er

Jul 10, 2002
alabama
Visit site
rps makes the worst busting paint (super swirls) and the best busting paint (all stars)

i can drop an all star from waist height and it will bust on the ground yet they never bust inside my gun