Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best type of gun to start out with.......

tyguy

Mar 18, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Visit site
I'd have to say that starting out with a semi is the best alternative for a new player in an average rec game.

When you're a new player, there's already a lot to learn and think about without having to worry about chambering a ball and timing the pump-trigger action. A semi allows new players to focus more on the game and less on the marker.

Semis also make new players a bit more competitive when they're up against more experienced players. The new player is still at a disadvantage, obviously, but I think the semi makes it less so. With a semi the new player may even feel less intimidated.

I've actually learned on both. I played in the early 90s with a pump (Piranha LB), then stopped when I went to college. I picked up the sport again recently and am playing with a semi (Piranha Pro TS).

sparky

Mar 29, 2002
Olney Il
Visit site
Originally posted by Jones the Paint Magnet
Whatever suits you best, mate. I love pumps, but if you are playing tourney versus semis and electros, you may find that your options get a bit limited, as superior rate of fire on a small field tends to swing the balance. Then again, your skills are probably (sheesh - almost certainly) better than mine, so if you get by with a pump then go for it.

Easiest thing is to get both! Sounds expensive, but second hand pumps aren't too difficult to get hold of, and they're usually extremely cheap :D
Tippmann's ROCK!!!!

chico

Mar 23, 2002
San Dimas, CA
Visit site
go with an f4-tp

The F4-TP is anodized with our exclusive Graffiti Series anodizing. The TP version has all the standard features of the F4 plus a High Volume Cell, Venturi Bolt, Zero Gravity Combo Barrel and sub Zero 4 Stage Expansion Chamber with matching anodized finish.
F4-TP Good Vibrations

F4 Illustrator TP 2001, Turquoise Marble
US$ 299.99

really really tight anodizing

davidotrot

Mar 20, 2002
southern california
Visit site
for cryin out loud. Let's get back to the pump vs. semi. I think that if you're starting out like I did (going out into some deserted area and shooting it up with some friends) that a pump is the way to start. If you plan on starting out on a field, then go with a semi, simply so you at least have half a chance of marking some one.

chico

Mar 23, 2002
San Dimas, CA
Visit site
semi is definnitly the way 2 go bcuz if u play indoor u will need sumtin quicker and mor of an edge vrs. other players if u devolop ur skills with a semi but with a pump ur slower and and a biggger disadvantage

this is just mi opinion but pump SUCKS