Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

BT TM15 in wet weather

Tommiles50

Apr 10, 2009
Chester
Hi Guys,

Ive recently entered the world of paintball which has of course resulted in two major changes in my life;
Less free time and Less free cash! :D
Ive recently purchased a TM15 of my friend for a very good price, but am now worried about the wet weather conditions that hit us at this time of year. How does the TM15 hold up in rain? Is there anything I can do in terms of improvements/mods to make it better.
This is my first electro-pneumatic so I thought id seek the advice of some veterans of the sport!

Thanks,
Tom

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Generally, rain isn't too much of an issue - but two useful tips:

1 Obvious, but use a hopper with a lid, no a speedfeed
2 Use a little insulating tape (or other stuff that comes off without leaving a mark) to cover the porting on the barrel, which prevents ater getting in the barrel and causing breaks

Other than that, check the electronics are reasonably sealed, ie no gaps in the covers that seal them in, and try not to drop it in a puddle.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Don't put it in a puddle it should be alright tbh never had any problems with mine, after playing instantly strip it and dry it and all should be good.

Obviously as said above good shutting hopper dont want paint getting wet.
Grip is alright not like bt e grip where it's open and if water gets in its stuffed.

Unsure on taping up the barrel like I wouldn't do it more water will get down the tip and if the holes are blocked all that water is then in the barrel on the paintball in chamber or going ism side gun. When not shooting keep marker point down and when shooting air should disperse any water there anyway

Pretty solid built gun tbh don't expect any issues. But if weather is horrific I prob wouldn't play anyway not worth replacement lenses and marker damage etc.

Tommiles50

Apr 10, 2009
Chester
ok cheers guys, I appreciate the advice! Would you recommend a pistol as a backup/sidearm too? I know most people have a backup, ive been pondering a pistol or a mechanical just in case something goes wrong with the TM15.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
i carry a pistol, well i did when i used my phenom as i couldnt shoot enough paintballs to make the extra 3 pods worth carrying so i carried a pistol.

now th tm15 so damn efficient i dont carry it. i have seen it said in other places too that pistols are great but never get their use.

i dont think youll need one really, but most peopl tend to have one. mines a phenom as its other marker i had, cheap effective backup is a bt4. seen people with high end tournie markers and they still have a bt4 or 98 backup with them.

Tommiles50

Apr 10, 2009
Chester
Yea I have been swaying towards a BT4 or mechanical X7 (as my brother might know someone with a cheap X7),but I do think there is just something cool about wielding a pistol 'Jack Bower esq' :D I think your right though, I just dont think I will use it on the field!
Thanks for all your advice!

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
No worries .

Bt4 is where I would go. Could get something cheap like a mini but just te same as tm15 so runs the same risks.

Tommiles50

Apr 10, 2009
Chester
Yea thats a good point, ill wait untill I get my post count up and then ill have a look on here for one, I'm massively impressed with the sites classified section!