Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bunkering and newbies

Subterfuge

Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
Had BIG problem yesterday. I was playing speedball with a team that was bragging that they had a sponsorship(I haven't figured out how to do that after 5 years of playing paintball) As I was moving closer and closer to my opponents trying to get in position to bunker, this guy starts rushing my bunker yelling bunker! bunker! bunker!. I look around my bunker and don't see a thing! WHY, because he hasn't even gotten to my bunker yet. I pop up confused and still see him running toward me so I let out 2 rounds into his chest. He shoots me back even though iI hit him first. Then he starts arguing with me that I was out because he called out bunker and then give's me these "lies" that he put his barrel over my bunker. Mean while his back players are shooting with horrible inaccuracy at us and then one pops me in the jewels. I couldn't speak anymore so I counted myself out, after he pointed at the pink paintball goo on my harness (which was obviously after i shot him first or the back players). I had to go deep into the woods to recuperate. (They won the game)
After the game, he kept holding his stomach moaning in pain. I felt sorry for him, so I walked up to him and apologized and said I would count myself out next time he said "bunker". He didn't move from the back bunkers again all day; although he was a great player.
I just don't get it. I want to defend the bunker I am in, but i can't see how with these stupid rules that cancel out skill. I wish people who want to do the great bunkering move were willing to face the conseqeunces if it fails. All day that I was playing different games I was bunkering people with paintballs bouncing off my head, not one single cry of pain or curse. And here these so called "sponsored" kids all croud around the guy that's screaming that he tasted a actual "paintball".
These kids are forcing me to become more professional. I ahve to keep guys from shooting through my bunker that doesn't exist in thier eyes. Could you suggest what should I do?

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Well, some people such as those have about as secure a grasp on reality as a penguin does on a watermelon covered with DC33. Solution? Put 5 in his chest instead of 2, and cover the rest of his team in so much paint they need a tropical storm to wash them off. Simply play harder and tell them like it is. They can either stop the stupidity or continue to live in it and pay the consequences. Put up with nothing.

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
How strange! Sounds a bit like yelling "Can't shoot me, I'm a tank!" and running upfield for the flag. Personally I don't care what people shout at me - I'm not walking 'till I get some paint on me. If someone yells "Bunker" it just lets me know they're on the way so I can prepare a fitting welcome . . .

Do what KO says and put enough into him to get the point across that you actually have to bunker someone and not just yell about it.

Oh and my sympathies on The Wound - never like to hear of people getting shot there . . .

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
At our field I always get both teams together to discuss how they want to play it. We older guys like to put paint on for eliminations, no matter how close. When I play with the younger guys, sometimes we play that if you can get to and touch the bunker they're in, they're out. We always have the rules laid out before hand though. As far as playing on, players have to be honest and when they aren't, don't let them play. Hope you already have kids.:p

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Michelin Man

Then there are the newbies that have on a snow suit in 80 degree heat. I went to bunker the last man on the team- turns out he was 12:rolleyes: . Anyway, I bunkered him(oops) and turned around only for him to shoot at me again. I yelled "Your hit"- he looks down and said "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't feel a thing".

Hmm, I wonder why?:D

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
Michelin Man

Originally posted by Inferno
Then there are the newbies that have on a snow suit in 80 degree heat. I went to bunker the last man on the team- turns out he was 12:rolleyes: . Anyway, I bunkered him(oops) and turned around only for him to shoot at me again. I yelled "Your hit"- he looks down and said "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't feel a thing".

Hmm, I wonder why?:D
Haha....I know EXACTLY what you mean. I saw the exact same thing happen except that the guy who shot/bunkered him didn't do it once, he did it 3 times and the kid still didn't feel it. :rolleyes:

I'm glad the field I play at doesn't have any pussy rules about "no bunkering". I'm not stupid enough to bunker a newbie...but it would drive me crazy if I couldn't bunker my friends.

Tigger The Bouncing Assassin

****** with a capital 'R'
Feb 25, 2002
London
Visit site
The 20 meter bunker.

just got back from a days Pball. i can proclam to of made a 20 meter bunker. unsupsecting player hides behind a 'pyrimid' of barrels. I simply stand up, and firing a ball every few seconds, lesurly stroll the 20 meters between me and the 'vitcim'. The barrels made such a dim, that talking to the victim afterwards, he could of sworn there were 6 guys pinning him down. anyway, i walk the 20 meters without getting shot at once, walk around the bunker, and place one ball on his butt pack. The guy turns around slowly in amazement, wipes his fingers on the paint, looks at it in disbelif, and calls himself out. Man, i love paintball :)

Rebelsniper

**** Name!!!
Apr 29, 2002
Leicester, England
Visit site
i hate it wen players i play in rec-ball wipe the paint! its just unfair and annoying! it ruins the game in my eyes! at the site where i have a saturday job if ur cought wiping the paint we make u sit under a sign that says: Im an ugly ******* that wipes off the paint! its comicle! i also hate dead players that walk over 2 their mate, who is defending their base, and tels them every position of the opposition! it really annoys me!:mad: