Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buying NXT Shocker

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
As a newb need to ask advice.

Thinking of getting the NXT Shocker and would appreciate some advice on other options and the configuration.

NXT Shocker now comes standard equiped with the Q-lock. so dont expect to have to do anything about this.

Also standard shocker tournament board. Possibly no need to upgrade.

Getting the freak barrel but do I need to go for the 16"? Is there a noticable difference from 12", 14"?

What is Tadao Dynasty?

What is a ball detent?

Do I need to get an air vent manifold?

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
As a newb need to ask advice.

Thinking of getting the NXT Shocker and would appreciate some advice on other options and the configuration.

NXT Shocker now comes standard equiped with the Q-lock. so dont expect to have to do anything about this.

Also standard shocker tournament board. Possibly no need to upgrade.

Getting the freak barrel but do I need to go for the 16"? Is there a noticable difference from 12", 14"?

What is Tadao Dynasty?

What is a ball detent?

Do I need to get an air vent manifold?
if your buying a NXT with Tadeo board already in it, the you already have an upgraded board. and a very good one. they offer free upgrades should gun rules change again.
Ball detent is a small bit of rubber that holds the ball in place before shooting.
barrel size is a preference, no real difference in shooting.
not sure what you mean by air manifold ?

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
The Q lock will be fine for most hoppers. If you have any issues, it will probably be due to the size of the hopper's feedneck (which you can just sand down).

The operational length of a barrel is about 6" length. The rest of it is there to push your bunker out of the way/ balance your marker. It is purely preference how long you would like your barrel, the only difference you may notice between 12", 14" and 16" is a slight reduction in noise profile (16" being the "quietest"). It really is negligible.

I don't know much about shockers, so I can't comment on dynasty boards, air vent manifolds or the stock board.

When upgrading any marker, the easiest way to determine what you should upgrade is playing with it, and working out what you're getting the most pissed off with. Remember accuracy is 95% user 5% kit.

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
Thanks for the helps!

if your buying a NXT with Tadeo board already in it, the you already have an upgraded board. and a very good one. they offer free upgrades should gun rules change again.
Ball detent is a small bit of rubber that holds the ball in place before shooting.
barrel size is a preference, no real difference in shooting.
not sure what you mean by air manifold ?
They say "the new Shocker Tournament Board at no extra cost". Dint think it is a Tadao but considering a newb user it probably wouldn't make much difference.

Dint know either what an "Air Vent Manifold" is but it comes as an extra for $52.45. Guess it also wouldn't make much of a difference to a newb.

The Q lock will be fine for most hoppers. If you have any issues, it will probably be due to the size of the hopper's feedneck (which you can just sand down).

The operational length of a barrel is about 6" length. The rest of it is there to push your bunker out of the way/ balance your marker. It is purely preference how long you would like your barrel, the only difference you may notice between 12", 14" and 16" is a slight reduction in noise profile (16" being the "quietest"). It really is negligible.

I don't know much about shockers, so I can't comment on dynasty boards, air vent manifolds or the stock board.

When upgrading any marker, the easiest way to determine what you should upgrade is playing with it, and working out what you're getting the most pissed off with. Remember accuracy is 95% user 5% kit.
Prefer woodballing, am conservative with use of paint, camouflage well and a good shot so looking for maximum accuracy from my equipment. Any particular recommendations that would help bring this about with the NXT Shocker.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
the shocker manifold is an upgrade to the solenoid (more or less) that can allow you to shoot stupidly brittle paint.......if you can get it set up - it's a bitch (but i bet balf could do it!!)

i'd avoid the manifold and just stick with the standard.

the tadao board is good - plenty of setting adjustments and easy to use after you have had some tinkering. and as lump says they will reflash it if anything needs updated.

barrel wise i tend to stick to a 14", but when i played back corners for a while i went to 16" - just felt it let me play a little tighter, by giving me a bit more barrel to push the bunker with.