Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Camo-wearing Tippman-toters? I'm one!

jsanders

Oct 29, 2001
Birmingham AL USA
Visit site
"To people who've not played before, it gives a real representation of what paintball is like. Although it is a bit 'warlike', it doesnt pander to the Camo-wearing-tippman-toters. I predict that it'll encourage lots of newbies into the sport which can only be a good thing for all of us. "

I'm a camo-wearing tippman-toter. Is there something wrong with that? Not just starting out in the sport but even if that is all a person wants to do, it beats the hell out of sitting in the house tuggin' the pud!:D

I don't plan on becoming or aspire to be a tournament player and there may be one or two others that feel the same way.

Anyway, I feel better and that's what matters!

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Slightly off topic, but how come the Tippman is so popular in the rec scene? I used to work in a paintballshop/dealer/site, so I know they're pretty rugged, but they're a b*tch to maintain. It doesn't happen often, but once you have to take it apart, it's a freakin' nightmare. (Don't get me wrong, the quality of a Tippy is topnotch, but the aergonomics suck) If I had to go for a marker in that price range, I'd prefer a Piranha or an Inferno, because of their super field-strippableness and decent quality. But in each and every group of reccers I see, at least half of them are Tippy-toters. Any thoughts?

P.S. If you're happy with being a camo-wearing-Tippman-toter, then by all means, enjoy yourself. After all, most older players (myself included) started off in cammies, running around the woods. It's just that we're too old and fat to be bellyflopping through the mud, that's why we chose to play on fields with crashlanded blimps for cover. :D

JanSolo

I still suck
Jul 7, 2001
Leamington Spa
Visit site
Originally posted by jsanders
"To people who've not played before, it gives a real representation of what paintball is like. Although it is a bit 'warlike', it doesnt pander to the Camo-wearing-tippman-toters. I predict that it'll encourage lots of newbies into the sport which can only be a good thing for all of us. "

I think I wrote the above paragraph!

I seem to recall it was in a discussion a year or so ago about the relative benefits of WoodsBall vs TourneyBall. The discussion was about trying to get paintball away from the militaristic stuff to try and avoid legal problems similar to the ones happening in Europe at the time.

I still think it's a valid point; paintball should try to shed it's 'war-in-the-woods' image if it wants to gain mainstream acceptance.

How many times have you told someone that you play paintball only to have to explain that it's not all war, camo and weekend-warriors? A lot of women especially are wary of paintball because of the macho-military image.

However, I do defend the right of people who enjoy that type of paintball to continue to do so. I just think that the new, colourful tourney scene is a better ambassador for painball at large.

Cheers.

Jan.

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
something that has always puzzled me is the way players look at woodland paintball. Like 99% of people i started playing pump at 11 on a local site before i got my own stuff. That was five years ago and now i play for SAD young guns. If asked i would not have been able to say that i had seen an instance of tourney players ripping on rec ball, cos its where we all started. And we still play in the woods for walk ons and tournaments.

And a final point, anybody who was at the planet walk on ont he 28th, you will have seen the guy with the black helmet and m16 style box around his gun. On the surface it was harmless but some passed comment about feeling uneasy and one comment was "he looks like a nazi storm trooper." It was weird because this image was the same war in the woods thing that people go on about but i think that the "cammos and tippmans" look is far more in the spirit of paintball as i see it, maybe im wrong and juging too harshly.

the guy in question had an impulse, not a tippman.

P8ntball2k[SAD YG]

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Don't be dissin crazy sniper guy!! I think he is ace!! Fair do's to the guy, when the whole world of paintball is tourney tourney tourney, JT JT JT, i think he is showin a lot of bottle. At the end of the day it's all about havin as much fun as you can, don't you agree? Crazy sniper guy may not be tryin to make a statement, but he is gettin off his arse, and playing ball in the way that he finds most fun, so what the f**k does it matter what he wears? Dont diss anyone who plays ball, thats the sure fire way to stop people playin the game.

L8r all
Cooks

WeLt16

Oct 30, 2001
IN
Woodland can be the ****s!

I play every once in a while at my friends house(in the woods). We may wear camo, or we play on his speedball course. Well, anyway, one time we played a 24hr game. It was f*#k'n awsome! We used smoke bombs, could take hostages, spies, and there were two main teams and then a third team(smaller) that could make alliances with whoever u wanted. Anyway, it was one of the best damn games i ever played. So, camo/woodland games can be the ****s!:cool:

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
Ok, what i was trying to say may have come across wrong. the comment made (not by me) was a joke and totaly light hearted. nobody there was put off by it because most were seasoned guys. what i am saying is mearley a what if one of the rentals goes back and tells all his mates about it in a bad light, its bad press.

by the very nature of the sport we play we cant just sit back and say "screw it, let them think what they want", because when we do that a bad image of the game is allowed to grow.

Fair play to the guy, he was good and we all had fun, my statement is simply a "what if...?"

P8ntball2k[SAD YG]