Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

campaign cup!!london or not????

jinx76

i'm with ure mom
Jun 16, 2003
sheep land
www.nolimitpainball.co.uk
right dunno if its been asked already or whether a decision has been made but as campaign is not gonna be at crystal palace this year have u decided where it is gonna be??

if i have missed the post then apologies and please direct me???

regards:confused: :confused: :confused:

Twiglet

finally earning... :)
Oct 29, 2003
surrey
It still says pending on the millennium website so I guess that means they haven't decided?! :confused: Beard... care to help us out here?!?! :p

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Why should it be in Manchester? or anywhere but London (or the vicinity).

Anywhere but London or the South East is a logistical nightmare for travelling teams. Regional airports exist, but are cost and time prohibitive. We have the M25, which despite the biatching and moaning from some quarters (usually those that do not use it), flows quite easily (I rarely have trouble on it and use it frequently). Tales of woe re the congestion charge only occur for the geographically challenged. There are a huge number of Hotels in the area. Believe me the majority of ballers do not want to "rough it" in the open, listening to campfire songs or other peoples weird techno. There are other things to do in the area, and the bars serve other drinks apart from Bitter (and you don't need a flat cap and whippet to get in). Finally and importantly for the travelling teams, we speak the "Queens English", thus making it somewhat easier for the travelling teams to understand us. Aside from Brockdorf (who is the Copenhagen equivalent of C3PO), most non-English speakers have trouble deciphering regional accents. Ok the last two are tongue in cheek, but some of you have bitched constantly re the CC being down South, but to date your arguments for having it else where are as flawed as my last 2.

It will go "oooop North" if Niall and crew find a venue that meets the criteria they set-out, each no doubt having it's own pros & cons. I'll accept Niall's and anyone at Campaigns decision as to where it should be based as they are putting on the Biggest, Best and Premier Paintballing event in the UK calendar, which DOES attract a good International turnout (I'll collect me fiver on Sunday). It doesn't go up North just because the odd Forum ego thinks it should. If a kick ass venue is found up North, I bet that you won't get the volley of complaints generated from the Southern teams who come up. Why having the tournament in the Nations Capital draws so much complaining and contempt is beyond me. I'll happily play the CC in Glasgow (and that's a seriously kick-ass town), perhaps complaining is a curiously "Northern" trait???? ;)

Oh, and if your complaining was tongue & cheek use smilies please, because I'm tired of non-constructive criticism or suggestion, especially which isn't in jest.
:)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
I know, I'm not. It's just the level of bitching that gets me down.

Christ you read enough of it all day (as we have too), and I think we've all considered topping ourselves (well maybe not Baca as he loves it).

I mean some of it, is sooooo vacumnous, that if you lean close enough to the screen, you can hear the sea.....;) ;) ;)

Twiglet

finally earning... :)
Oct 29, 2003
surrey
lol, was aimed at DW though...
Originally posted by Dark Warrior
I've more chance of playing for NeXuS and winning the Lottery in the same decade
Seems like you needed to vent though... ;)