Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

can some one give me some advice?

shoddydragon

Jun 9, 2009
hello its my first post here :p:D well any way i was wondering obviously from the title if i can get some advice on what marker and other gear i should get im a newb so i dont have a clue what breakbeam or the difference between a thermal lense or a spectra thermal lense is (if there is one?) what im planning to get so far is this (my budget is £300-£500 for it all but i want to be closer to the £300):

Marker: Ion XE
Hopper: Halo hopper system v35 board and rip drive (not a clue what the v35 board is if anyone minds filling me in)
Mask: not a clue ive seen so many different posts about this but none giving me the answer i need im only looking to spend £30 here i do want one that isnt gonna fog up because the place i went the other day i used a rental ask and it fogged up in like 2 secounds and i couldnt see my hand infront of my face.

and thats it to start with later on probs upgrade the barrel to a stiffi (cuz apparently there good :p) upgrade the board to a blackheart or a virtue and upgrade the bolt to a firebolt.

oh yeah i almost forgot is there any other things i should be aware of that might need upgrading like the feed neck or the laser eye doohickey becuase i dont really know ive only picked up stuff from reading posts on here and stareing at different websites till i had a inkling oh i might want a sling trigger does any trigger fit or does it need to be specific?.

well thank you in advance if you respond i need all the help i can get.

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
you are not really looking for advice all you have done is tell us what you are going to buy??? lol.

decent starter kit though, if you can get that gear for that price.

im not sure i understand the post - exactly what advice would you like mate?

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
my 2p

If you’re going to buy all that gear brand new, then stop and turn this thread into what should I buy thread.

the reason I say this although the ion xe is an excellent marker, most people buy one then within a few months look about at what everyone else has and wants one of those. Trying to sell one second hand is almost impossible at the price you’re going to buy it for. (Sorry to which ever shop you’re going to buy it from).

The main parts of your gear are gun, hopper, bottle and mask.
I shoot planet gear so I’m going to lean towards them.

All second hand gear available from the sales section.
Guns
Most will be pimped already or don't need pimping. You get more for your money this way.
Etek
Ego 7
Pmr
Dm6/7
£90-300

Bottle
Anything that has about 2 years or more on it and is not alli or steal would be good; second hand you may get a bottle cover in for your cash.
£60-90

Hopper
Everyone has experience with different hoppers; I found the velocity to be about the best from owning every other one and always going back to it.
£40-75

Mask
Again same as the hopper. It took me ages to find the mask I liked but for what you looking to do I would use a dye i3 thermal. Cheap because of the i4's release but a good mask for long stints in the woods.
Other masks
i4s
Grillz
Jt flex
Proto switch
£30-60

Bottom end I’ve spent £220
Top end £525

its up to you bro but its my opinion, the one regret I had when I started was I brought brand new gear and changed every other month and sometimes as much as my pants. At the end of the day you'll make your own mind up but if you want advice there are some really good guys on here.

p.s. v35 is just a flashy upgrade board or was now its kind of a stock board for the halo.

thomas221289

super soaker ftw!
Aug 12, 2008
ashington
you havnt thought about an air bottle lube fluffys etc these are all the extra hidden costs. but id say spend more on a mask now and it will help you out so much. i have dye i3s, events flexs i love them all. events have a quick change lense that is great the flexs and i3s are pigs to get the lenses out. they never fog can ware them all day and look sweet. i started with an ion the only upgreads i got where clamping feedneck (esential) an on/off asa and a freak barrel. no point spending more on upgreads because you will see a newer shinyer marker and want that anyway so i give it 6months tops before your looking at getting an older ego.

cbreaux28

NO EXIT "Yank"
Jun 6, 2007
Suffolk
!

Was going to help but Woody hit it all on the head! Best bet is to decide what you want first as you can get it the first time. Also partial to Planet as I have owned all kinds of markers and to me Planet has the best customer service in the business. But end of the day get what you want and feel comfortable playing with.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Step 1) Work out your budget - you have one that.
Step 2) Take a look at this website - http://www.lpspaintball.biz/
Step 3) Call Chris on this number (Jons on his travels) 01707 325007

You will benefit from well informed advice and they can tailor a package to your exact requirements. Plus you get the benefit of a manufacturers guarantee on all your purchases and the backup and support of probably the best paintball retailer in the UK.

As a novice the choice of equipment is bewildering, for piece of mind the purchase of new equipment will give you a fall-back should you have any issues with any of your kit.

shoddydragon

Jun 9, 2009
you are not really looking for advice all you have done is tell us what you are going to buy??? lol.

decent starter kit though, if you can get that gear for that price.

im not sure i understand the post - exactly what advice would you like mate?
i didnt mean for it to look like it was what i was going to buy i just looked around and it seemed this was the best cheap starter marker that is brand new but i dont know how good it is or anything i just want advice on whats good starting gear with minimum cost like i said my budget is 300-500 for everything i allready got clothes sorted but i donno what marker, mask and all the rest of it is good for a begginer.

thanks to everyone who has responded

p.s onasilverbike when you say they can tailor a package to my requirements does that mean a discount?

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
Nah its cool matey, just wanted to make sure i understood so i could try and help a fellow baller - glad the other fellas on this forum have a higher level of intelect than me and was able to help you out :)

i didnt mean for it to look like it was what i was going to buy i just looked around and it seemed this was the best cheap starter marker that is brand new but i dont know how good it is or anything i just want advice on whats good starting gear with minimum cost like i said my budget is 300-500 for everything i allready got clothes sorted but i donno what marker, mask and all the rest of it is good for a begginer.

p.s onasilverbike when you say they can tailor a package to my requirements does that mean a discount?

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia

Where are you located Mr Dragon?
I suggest you follow onasilverbike's advice but get to a walk on at your local paintball field too. You will be able to talk to own gunners like yourself and see their kit and then make some more informed opinions as you have seen the gear in the flesh [so to speak].