Chopping help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
Hey, I went paintballing today with my new marker and after about 2 games or so it suddenly starts chopping pretty much every ball and every few shots the gun started 'rapid' firing.

Thinking the tank could be empty... After just 300 or so shots? So I got it refilled again, and the gun continued to play up.

Getting annoyed, I briefly cleaned the gun and barrel out... A hell of a lot of paint came out of the barrel. Cleaning the gun did nothing. So I had to use a rental gun for the rest of the day :(

When I got home, I totally stripped down the gun and thoroughly cleaned it out, and there was not one spec of paint left on the gun. I then proceeded to put it back together, put some paint in it and take it into my garden.

I fired around 4 shots, perfect! Then yet again the gun started doing rapidfire and chopping paint like mad. So I just cleaned it again and packed it away... Best not get too frustrated.

Here are the 'specs':

Marker: JT Stealth.
Hopper: Standard 200 round gravity feed hopper.
Power: CO2 gas.

Well, after that lovely story is the part where you guys come in... I was wandering whether any of you have any idea why my marker is doing this, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Dan.

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Hey, I went paintballing today with my new marker and after about 2 games or so it suddenly starts chopping pretty much every ball and every few shots the gun started 'rapid' firing.

Thinking the tank could be empty... After just 300 or so shots? So I got it refilled again, and the gun continued to play up.

Getting annoyed, I briefly cleaned the gun and barrel out... A hell of a lot of paint came out of the barrel. Cleaning the gun did nothing. So I had to use a rental gun for the rest of the day :(

When I got home, I totally stripped down the gun and thoroughly cleaned it out, and there was not one spec of paint left on the gun. I then proceeded to put it back together, put some paint in it and take it into my garden.

I fired around 4 shots, perfect! Then yet again the gun started doing rapidfire and chopping paint like mad. So I just cleaned it again and packed it away... Best not get too frustrated.

Well, after that lovely story is the part where you guys come in... I was wandering whether any of you have any idea why my marker is doing this, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Dan.
...and the marker is...dadada!!!,hopper?
More info would help us to help you....:rolleyes:

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
"eyes" are an electric device designed to sense when the ball is in the right position in the breech to fire.

Also remember that mechanicals are not really designed to go very fast, so try not to pull the trigger as quick :). This is probably why the first few shots are ok

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
In other words your set up isnt great you could do with...better hopper, better gun and better propelant.

But ill try and help. Check the face of the bolt to make sure there are no sharp edges. Was the paint breaking in the breech or the barrel as the paint may have been too large for the barrel so breaking in there.

If anyone at the site has an electonic hopper see if they will let you try it to see if it makes a difference (with a grav feed hopper you often get some balls not fully feeding into the marker due to blowback of air from the gun forcing them back up the feedneck-with an elctro hopper putting pressure on the balls in the feedneck this is eliminated to a degree)

Status
Not open for further replies.