Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

'Cocker Break Beam Eyes

Seejay

Oct 19, 2005
Norwich, Norfolk
i have a maplins about 5 minutes drive away from my house so that's all good. can i get the plug for it too or do i need to use the old one from my reflective eye? and also, won't the ball detent get in the way of the other eye?

Thanks, Chris

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
I've not found a source for the plugs, froom what i understand it's a JST (The Make) connector and the crimp tool is over £100 so your best bet is to use an old reflective eye plug.

You will need to drill both sides of the bodylower down than the reflective eye and probably a little farther back (Still within the stock eye cover though).

The 2 real issues are that the eye's need to be perfectly inline to work so you may need to drill from one side all the way through the other to get them inline and square to each other.

The second issue is getting the wires back to the board past the pump arm.

Good Luck :)

Seejay

Oct 19, 2005
Norwich, Norfolk
hmmm, i see......is there any way i can mod the ball detent so i can drill another hole for the eye that lines up with the hole for the reflective eye? say for example modify it to use a timmy ball detent or an ego one? tis just i can see my cocker being full of holes......

Thanks, Chris

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Originally posted by Seejay
hmmm, i see......is there any way i can mod the ball detent so i can drill another hole for the eye that lines up with the hole for the reflective eye? say for example modify it to use a timmy ball detent or an ego one? tis just i can see my cocker being full of holes......

Thanks, Chris
Doesn't look like it, the existing eye hole it to big and lines up with the edge of the detent threads.

Are tou having problems with the reflective eye?
The only issue's i had were when shooting clear shelled paint (Severe Storm).

Seejay

Oct 19, 2005
Norwich, Norfolk
yeah, i am. i played a game sunday and was using my cocker for the first time, and with the eye on i kept chopping paint. i was using Draxxus Blaze and my eye sensitivity was at 128 with an E1 frame......could it possibly have anything to do with my LPR pressure being too high?

Thanks, Chris

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Lowering your LPR wouldmake it less likely that a ball would be chopped but if the eye is working then you can set your LPR virtually anywhere as the bolt should never close on a ball.

Is your eye working?
I can't remember the setting procedure for an E1 as i've used a Zero-B since i bought the cocker, have a look in the manual and go through the setting procedure.

Also increase your Ball time to 2ms.

Seejay

Oct 19, 2005
Norwich, Norfolk
yeah, i've followed through all the stuff in the manual, setting the sensitivity, etc. tis all good. would having oil on it screw up the performance of it? i wouldn't have though it would have, what with the oil being clear and all, but it's a possibility.

Chris