Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

'Cocker Low Pressure System

Arrival

I Kick You in the Nuts!
Mar 24, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
Hey everyone. I'm slowly progressing on the way to knowing about Autocockers, but I have yet another question: How do I put in the low pressure system? The guy at the proshop told me to unscrew the high-flow (big black thing by the 3-way) thing, and replace it with the low pressure one, but I've tried to unscrew it and it's to hard- everything I got is too big to unscrew it w/o doing damage. Also, I need to disconnect the three hoses- how may I do that?

Micah

Originally posted by Arrival
Hey everyone. I'm slowly progressing on the way to knowing about Autocockers, but I have yet another question: How do I put in the low pressure system? The guy at the proshop told me to unscrew the high-flow (big black thing by the 3-way) thing, and replace it with the low pressure one, but I've tried to unscrew it and it's to hard- everything I got is too big to unscrew it w/o doing damage. Also, I need to disconnect the three hoses- how may I do that?
Doing that to your front reg would lower your cocking pressure. If you want a total low pressure system, there's a little more to it.

Really, you shouldn't be seaking the lowest pressure possible, you should be searching for bottle necks in your system and look for ways to make your system the most efficient you can, low pressure will follow naturally.

The best thing you can do it buy a spring kit, a valve tool, and sweet spot your reg.

Follow these easy steps that I copy pasted from a post I made earlier:

Ok, I'm going to lay down a quick guide to ultimate efficiency for the autococker, here goes:

1) You'll need to know how to time your 'gun. This is the most important thing. If you do not know how to time a cocker, got to paintballravi.com and learn.

2) buy a set of springs (you'll need to buy the approiate springs for your 'cocker 2k or pre 2k. I'm not really sure what's different, but it's out there) and a valve tool. Madman makes a nice spring kit. both can be had from g3pb.com for the most reasonable price I've found.

3) Sweet spot your ergo reg. This is done by turning up the reg's pressure in small increments until your velocity eventually starts to go down. You should do this with the velocity screw backed all the way out flush. If you are with in 30or so fps (lower) than your desired velocity, you're golden, just use the velocity adjuster to finetune you velocity. If not go to step 4.

4) If your velocity is too high, remove the current main spring, and insert a softer one. If it is too low, insert a heaver spring. Green Valve/Green Main is usually a good place to start. Ideally you will have the lightest main spring in that you can to lower your cycle pressure. Heavier Valve springs are more efficient to a point. But the heavier the the valve the heavier the main must be, and the higher you must make your cocking pressure.

After every time you change springs, you must resweet-spot your reg. and every time you change your valve spring you must (obviously) retime your 'gun.

Let me know if any of this needs further explaination.

This'll basiclly give you a low pressure set up for under $20

-Micah

Micah

Just remembered, I left out the stuff you could spend money on if that's your sort of thing ...

1) New Valve: The best ones right now are (IMHO) are the AKALMP Tornado (the most expensive) and the Madman Rocket Valve (really good value, Really high flow)

This will allow you to further lower your pressure because more air will be able to pass thru the vlave.

2) Tight bore barrel without alot of porting, and a good paint/barrel match. This allows the paintball to be fired more efficienctly because no gas is allowed to escape around the paintball or out of the porting. Now a Barrel like the freak system would be a good choice despite the porting because it would allow you to match any paint to your barrel. You wont get the lowest possible pressure, but accuracy is a fair trade off I say.

3) lastly would be a new bolt. The stock bolt is one of the highest flow bolts on the market. If you want low pressure, stay away from anything with 'ventri' (or similar) in the title, they are designed for highpressure systems and will restrict flow raising your pressure. The best (and most expensive) bolt on the market would be the lightining bolt by AKALMP. They come in aluminum, nickle plated, and delron. I bought the Delron version and I love it. Lowerd my operating pressure by 50psi.

Notice how I mentioned nothing on the front block. For it has nothing to do with the pressure of the gun.

as a new cocker owner, you should learn how to time your 'gun. 90% of all problems with the cocker can be fixed by you if you know what to do. paintballravi.com has the best autococker infosheet I've ever seen.

-Micah

Arrival

I Kick You in the Nuts!
Mar 24, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
My setup has most of those- may not be the best ones the market ('Cept for the barrel, heh heh), but the few I've tried out, they work pretty good for me. Aw, hell; here's my whole setup:

Black AC '02
SS Low Pressure Valve and Assembly
Low pressure front cocker
Killzone Drop forward (looks like the Shocktech, only more durable)
Veiwloader 9 Volt Rev. Hopper
20 oz C02 Tank (a nitro system in about two weeks or so)
2002 Mako Venturi Bolt
BSA Rifle Laser (to drive somone back behind cover)
DYE Titanium 16" Barrel

Just recently discovered the thought to be lost SS Valve an Assembly in the huge box of styrofoam from shipping. That makes me happy. But, if I may ask one more thing, how may I go about installing that? Thank you for your time again. Or anyone else who may reply.

Arrival

I Kick You in the Nuts!
Mar 24, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
I can prolly return the Venturi bolt- I have the recipt and everything. What new bolt would you reccomend in the 30-40$ price range? I used up all my other money on the other things, heh heh.

Micah

Keep the stock bolt. It's the Second best bolt and the BEST bolt for the money.

as for instaling the valve. I think there are some websites that will explaint it a little better than I, I might leave something out, so I'm not going to bother. While it is nice to know how to do everything yourself, you should probably take it in to the shop to be installed and have the airsmith explain the ins and outs of what he's doing, because you'll need to know if you want to change the valve spring. Oh, and you'll need a special tool called a valve tool.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help this time.

-Micah

Arrival

I Kick You in the Nuts!
Mar 24, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
S'okay- no prob at all; you've halped a lot; I appreciate it. Even though I never worked with any of the low pressure stuff I got right now, the Venturi really seemed to help the accuracy @ long range and kept the shots straight. I liked it, but if I sell that back, what other low-flow part would you reccomend that maintains good accuracy for the gun?