Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cocker on co2?

Im looking to buy a cocker, but I dont have enough money to buy a cocker and nitro. I only have a co2 tank. Can I convert the tank to an anti siphon? I will have money in about a month. Will it do any damage in that time without anti siphon, or should I just spend the money and get one?

Micah

It'll be fine, just dont hold the gun down so as to allow the hard line or micro/macro (what ever you've got) to fill with liquit co2 or it'll break. The Stock reg is thin walled and there for veru good about the heat transfer required to run a cocker on co2. I ran my cocekr on co2 for almost 3 years andit was prefect. It never went down on me. Not once.

-Micah

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Anti syphon is a must have accessory on the tank as well as as an anti liquid expansion chamber....with the best will in the world some liquid will make its way into the regulator but "hopefully" not enough to do any damage but many people have ran their 'cockers on CO2 for a long time with no problems as long as you approach the problems in a sensible fashion there is no reason to have any problems. So your best bet is to buy what you can afford BUT don't use the 'cocker if you are planning on buying an anti syphon together with an expansion chamber....if you do try and use the 'cocker as is you will blow hoses and maybe damage the regulator...bit of a bitch but as I said above approach it slowly ie measure twice cut once
of course an compressed air system would solve all of the above problems in one go
you will need a secondary reg (unless you buy a Max-Flo or Angel A.I.R.) and avoid a fixed output air regulator cos you will want to buy a higher pressure output regulator at a later time so buy now (cos you will get sod all for the reg second hand) and save in the long run there are some other makes that say there is no need for a secondary reg but as they tend to be attached to a bottle and are american you won't be able to use the tank in the UK ..needs to be a HSE bottle
the only regs available (as far as I know) in the UK that will work without a secondary reg are a Max-Flo and an Angel A.I.R.

I have ran a 'cocker on an Air America Fred Schulz and a Govnair secondary reg with no problems ...the Angel A.I.R. is very stable so no problems there and I have a Max-Flo on a Shocker again very stable.
Don't seem to see many Max-Flo regs for sale could be people are happy with them and don't see the need to change.
All down to your wallet now.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Ah have just seen you are in America ...so you will have a greater choice of Regulators that are high flow and attached to DOT bottles so your $'s will go a bit further

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Micah
What the hell are you talking about? You don't need any kind of expansion chamber of any sort. Even if liquid was to make its way into the WGP reg, it can handle it.
Hey we don't all live in sunny California ( weather conditions vary all around) and if you read my post a little closer you would have seen I said SOME liquid may get in but it will be ok sheer physics regarding the expansion of CO2 will blow hoses (on the front end) so if you get liquid in the system without trying to negate the inherant problems regarding CO2 you will get problems. The ability of a reg to handle CO2 was not the issue sure a regulator will handle CO2 itself but the rest of the marker won't !! So back to my original recomendation to fit an expansion chamber.....better safe than sorry !! and given the cost of an expansion chamber be it a 3.5 oz bottle with an anti liquid valve or a serveral stage unit, I would find it money well spent. rebuilt rams, 3 ways, sledgehammers etc, the cost would be ? ....just a bit more than the cost of an expansion chamber and as Paintballguy is trying to save money by doing things in stages a hefty repair bill is not something I'm sure he is budgeting for. but then again everyone is entitled to an opinion just yours and mine aren't the same.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Actually, Shocker style Maxflows aren't that hard or expensive to come by and they can be bought from Smart Parts and occasionally used from people that own Shockers or Impulses with the Maxflow with co2 manifold who have shucked it in favor of something like an Angel a.i.r or Armageddon or bought a new Maxflow nitrogen system. For about $100, $125 or so including the 24 oz co2 tank, you can have a system with the capacity of co2 that pretty much acts exactly like nitrogen with an adjustable output and Maxflow reliability which is on par with or a little cheaper than a basic 68 cui nitrogen tank which between the two with a Cocker it's an even 50/50 split in and of itself. HOWEVER, the advantage really stands out, though, that if you get more money down the road you can just screw in a Crossfire or Nitroduck screw in tank you will basically have a Maxflow nitro system with very little more to pay for. I ran a 114 screw in with my Shocker's Maxflow and it was the same results as using a much more expensive tank but using something I already had paid for.

The choice is yours.