Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

cocker or impulse?? help me....

kyle

Oct 4, 2001
Visit site
Could anybody give me their advice and suggestions please!!!! RIGHT NOW I HAVE A 2001 COCKER W/ A 10IN BOOMSTICK THE REST IS ALL STOCK AND I ONLY CAN AFFORD CO2. SHOULD I SELL THIS TO A BUDDY AND GET AN ALL STOCK IMPULSE???? I KNOW THE IMPULSE IS FAST AS HELL BUT W/ MY COCKER I CAN HIT ANYTHING. I LOVE ITS ACCURACY. IF I DONT GET THE IMPULSE I PLAN ON GETTING A WGP HINGE TRIGGER. SO, ITS EITHER A STOCK COCKER W/ A BOOMSTICK AND HINGE TRIGGER OF A STOCK IMPULSE, BOTH ON CO2...........HEEEEELLLLPPP ----THANX - KYLE

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
It depends on where you play on the field. I play back and shoot a cocker with a Blade trigger from Planet eclipse and while shooting loads of paint at the opposition is fun (the rate of fire from some of these electros is awesome) you need to get it in the right spot to eliminate them.

If your happy with the cocker, stick with it and upgrade it slowly.
But if you want an impulse try Planet eclipse's impulse vision. It rocks. might be expensive for you but its worth it.

Anyway enuff of my demented ramblings, i'm off

Alien

booga

Arthritic Pirate
I'd have to agree with Alien, I've an Eclipse cocker and Impulse and the cocker has got a slight edge over the Impulse when shooting long range but the difference is very small.
IMO they are both excellent guns, however if you go for the Impulse expect to pay up for the extra paint you ARE going to shoot, (you don't even realise you are shooting that much until you reach round for a pot and your 5 pack is empty), great fun though.

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
too true

also with the impulse it is a new gun compared to the cocker and upgrades are few and far between. i would stick with a cocker, at least you have a whole range of after market products to look in to. Also i would put in that the impulse you would have to worry about batterys as well as huge use of gas and paint.

P8ntball2k

Manning26

Kyle, do you even want the Impulse, you don't sound like it, Bud. As most would tell you, shoot the Impulse for a day, if you don't like it more than your 'cocker, then don't trade your baby. I've made plenty of gun deals that I've regretted, if it's not what you're wanting, then DON'T GET IT! Simple.:)

james adkin

myspace.com/londontigers
Jul 14, 2001
www.myspace.com
I'm in the same boat mate. I use an eclispe cocker, but wanted something that enabled me to get 3/4 shots in the air quickly before i go back into my barricade. I was due to try a few impulses last Sunday but 4 some reason they were not availible. (Dont worry Mark T i had a word with Dan, and he said Ross had ur bottle)

My choice would be a cocker, but use an impulse for a game or 2 and then decide.

Hope this helps

James.

p.s. coz they are quick get a vision otherwise you will chop paint big time. I think Nick Truter from the Rushers is selling one of his. its got some nice upgrades. Give him a bell at www.smartpartseurope.co.uk and he can tell u the details.
Or have a look at the CLASSIFIED section coz he advertised it there.

Cheers mate:D :D :D

Big G

Jul 29, 2001
Mobridge, South Dakota
my 2 cents

I used to have an stock impulse and traded it for a cocker

IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH IT, the accuracy is much greater (but then again I didn't buy an aftermarket barrel for the impy, and it doesnt sound like you were going to either) The impulse was crazy fast compared to the cocker, but that much paint is hellishly expensive.

If you like your cocker, STICK WITH IT!

and by the way, what is with all the people praising the vision eye on impulses?!?! the stock impulse I used to have NEVER broke a ball for as long as I used it, what an expensive add on for something that doesn't do much.

the g of biggness