Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

cocker or .....

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
I am aware of that as well Paul, ok in a cocker the ball is pushed into the barrel by the bolt then the air blows it outa the marker.
In an Angel the ball isn't in the barrel when the blast of air hits it and it isn't even fully enclosed cos you've got the feed tube above it and then theirs the barrel marker interface as well. So whats gunna happen? ball in enclosed tube is gunna be more stable than the one not in an enclosed tube, this isn't conjecture its what happens.
L8rz dude ;)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Actually stricktly speaking the angel bolt pushes the ball into the breech then fires albeit not strictly 'closed bolt' it does fire from a closed bolt position, plus during high ROF do you think that closed bolt makes a differance.
Besides I thought we'd gone over the closed v's open bolt thing when I mentioned the Warpig tests :confused:

Paul
:D

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
that isnt right yoda. if that were the case the bolt wouldnt even have to move. the solenoid (sorry, 14 way!) switches to make the ram move forward, whcih moves the bolt forward, into the barrel, then the ram hits the air stem (cant remember the proper name?) which lets the gas through the bolt, expellin the ball, then the solenoid pulls the ram back, to the start position. If the solenoid switched quick enough, the air would not be quick enough/on long enoughto create blowback

quote Yoda
"bolt is in it's rear position before moving forward "after" the air is discharged"

the air is discharged when the bolt is closed.
this hurts.....!!:D ;)

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
John M dude - if the angel fired (ie burst of gas) with the bolt open, you'd get hella bad blowback - try taking the bolt out of any marker and gas-firing it to see how bad.

When the Angel fires, the bolt moves forward to the closed position, and once it gets forward, the hammer strikes the valve, releasing the gas.

I always thought the terms open and closed bolt referred to when the marker is "at-rest" ie, at the end of the firing cycle, with your finger off the trigger.
In this situation, a Cocker has the bolt forward (breach closed), and an Angel has the bolt back (breach open).

Peace :)