Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cocker Pumps

Patellon234

Mar 6, 2014
Bradford , West Yorkshire
Hi All !
I will be getting a cocker pump soon and heard that autococker pumps are much harder to operate with than with just normal pumps.
Dont know if it's true or not ... So if yes then what's harder ?
And could you tell me what should I know about cocker pumps to use it right :)
(I have one pump (BT Trracer) but never had a cocker in my hands) So if you could tell me basic about those please :)

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
The only difference in operation is that a pump cocker normally doesn't have an auto trigger. Pump stroke should be lighter on a cocker pump than your trracer though.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Harder to operate?....... pump then squeeze trigger......sorry couldnt resist, but as cannon said cocker pumps or snipers (depends how old you are and if you remember the originals) dont have slam fire capabilities (unless ccm'd)so you cant lay loads of paint down in those tight squeezes.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
And that they are a little heavier to carry about. The maintence isn't hard it's just slightly harder.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
I find maintenance not an issue, bolt out the back give it a good pull through. Take the vert reg off and a couple of drops of gun oil in the vert asa. Put back together then fire a 20-30 shots with out barrel and away it goes ready for the next outing.

Vietnow

Apr 1, 2014
I am looking at getting the empire autococker pump. Does anyone have any experience with one? If it's not that great I will be converting one instead. I have a Phantom 2 and love it. Just want to be able to use a full freak kit on it so I don't have to keep crying every time that perfect shot breaks an inch right at the last second.

For Phantom cleaning and maintenance I would just use a little Tippiman 98 Custom starter set oil on the o-rings and usual moving parts. Don't go over board when cleaning your pump unless you have to. Taking it apart 100% will change the way it fires a little and drive you insane. Trust me. It should be noted this setup uses very dirty CO2 canisters and probably needed a lot more cleaning than a cocker.

I would make sure and check out some older cocker guides on maintenance online. They had the best community out of any marker ever.