Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

codes........

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
A good way of helping you remember codes is by using word association. Come up with a word that, through whatever logic that makes sense to you, is easy to remember. For instance, the Denver Broncos used to have a call for a block that was called 'bruce'. Why? Simple. The block was known as a 'Back On Strong Safety', or BOSS for short. And back then Bruce Springsteen was popular, and his nickname was the boss. Stupid, but very simple.

Oct 30, 2001
G Unit
Visit site
unique codes as well help..
get you team together and decide when you are all there then do a mini paractis test because you wont remember them all straigh away and when its most needed on the field you will forget..

ste

Not too difficult

First off body count codes, these are pretty important, so make em easy to remember, we use half of our team name: Team # to mean one thing Rocket # to mean the other, it seems to be a pretty popular way of doing it, a bit more difficult to pick up than "Up 3, down 4" or whatever, but less obvious what is meant.

Other than that the DUPS have used the patent "Steal any code that seems to work" method.

Decide what you need codes for (not that many things!) and then choose words that are easy to shout/hear/distinguish from other ones. I prefer two sillable words for shoutability, I think that this makes them long enough to register that somebody is shouting and then hear what they want to say; but I may be alone in this.

Something important is trust, get to the point where you can call the code and then do what-ever you want to do without having to make sure everyone realises what you mean, that pause can let the opposition know that you are about to attempt something risky.

Have them written down somewhere so all the team can read them and learn them. USE THEM If noone uses them, everyone will forget them, and then your cry of "Bottleneck" for coverign fire on the back right Coke can while you mug the T-bag will just earn you some cries of "What?" and a load of bruises!

There are a load of more experienced 'ballers on here, so if everyone says that that is all b*******s ignore it, but that is my experience.

Hope it is of some help

Richard

nickp

Feb 27, 2002
Manchester, UK
teamrdx.co.uk
Try and keep the codes short and easily identifiable, try to have codes which all sound different from each other which will lead to less debate/confusion on the field,

Things you will want codes for are
1) how many of your players are alive
2) How many of the opposition you have eliminated
3) Some codes for bunkers (especially on sup air)
4) if your marker is down/out of paint
5) a code to bring down fire on a certain bunker.
6) telling your team which tape to push
7) give covering fire..
8) telling your team you are going to mug some fool

I know this is not a definative list but it will give you a bit of a start there are also some articles about code words here http://www.p8ntballer.com/classroomcontents/codes.shtml

hope this helps