Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Congratulations Shockwave UK

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Well done guys - a well deserved 1st place at last!!!!

It was a nail biting climax to the weekend but to top the AA's Russian Legion and Ugly Ducks in the finals was special (Shane's the man!!!!). Let's have some more!!!!

We were disapointed not to be there getting the Brits represented in the Ams - we are working on it (we don't seem to have probs with big teams - just the little ones!!!!)

Roll on Campaign - it's getting tougher and tougher!!!

Mark

ps Robbo - wasn't there a bet with Giles over this result??

Marky, good memory!!

Wasn't it something to do with eating something? Has anyone got the ketchup?

Well done Shockwave, you guys are playing some blinding 'ball at the moment - you're game against Avalanche was unbelievable, best of luck at Campaign.

:p :p :p

Scutty

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Giles's Underpants

Hmmmmm, as I remember, wasn't Giles chirping and giving it the Billy big'un about six months back when Shockwave hadn't won **** ?
And as I remember, haven't Shockwave played a lot better recently and the improvements been well documented in the pages of PGI by myself on numerous occasions ?
Did I not take great pains in my Mayhem article to make the point they were well and truly cheated out of a finals place at Mayhem and justly deserved to make the cut when no other publication or web site bothered to even mention it ?
Basically, if you deserve the accolades you are gonna get them and not just because you start chirping.
Giles, now you have actually won something, you can now begin to chirp!!!
But only a little one !
We wouldn't want to think you were gloating or getting big headed now would we ?
Laterz
Robbo :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Eyesight problems

Scutty, I hope your eyesight is better on the paintball field than it is on P8ntballer.com, look again at the title of my post......doh!!!Laters
Pete

Very small title font!!!

Robbo

Do you want some Ketchup with your lightly saute'd underpants or are you more of a brown sauce person?

On a more serious note, its great to have a UK team playing so well abroad against the best opposition available.

Scutty

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
A Question of Taste

Hmmm, brown sauce or ketchup ?
Let me think about that for a minute or two.........
Aha, the point is academic I fear....the reason ?
Well, when I go up to Giles (with a stern face) he's damn well gonna **** himself anyway, so it looks like it's gonna have to be brown sauce :)
But I do agree it's great to see a Brit team do so well against some of the top opposition around.
Let's hope we can maintain it !!!
Laters Scutt
Pete

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Fair play Robbo

Now we need to see Backlash, Tigers and Banzai get in there too!!!

Brit ball on the way back though??

I think that we still suffer from a lack of strength in depth.

Let's see more Brit teams put the time in training SERIOUSLY and get out and do the Millennium series. NBK have won 3 Am titles this year - they train twice a week!!

Come on guys - let's stop dawdling - Europe and America are running!!!

Mark

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Lack of walkon days and players

Well, from what I've gathered from talking to a lot of guys in the shop and elsewhere, there seems to be a severe shortage of walkon days and players over here. One or two stinkin days a month per field! That just won't cut it for fueling the lower end talent pool that spawns new tourney players. Paintball's like an ecosystem with its own kind of food chain: you have the bottom level of renters, some of whom get waxed by those that find themselves more apt at it than the others. They move up and get into Tippmanns and Spyders and what not, then spend a lot more paint and practice to get good enough to do novice tourneys and 3mans and other low level, skill and confidence building game days...

...But at this place the chain is broken in the UK, stifled by high gun and paint prices, limited walkon days (whereas where I play in the States every day the field is open is a walkon day), few and far between novice tourneys (there are at least 2 a month or so between 3 fields I live near, and my town is not at all that big), and insufficient means of transition and assistance to break the barrier between casual rec and beginning tourney.

Then on the top side you have the 3-5 year experienced tourney players and teams. The average age of the teams should be decreasing, fueled by talent that stands above their contemporaries and breathes new life, innovation, and raw agression into the teams' on field performance and mentality. Without the influx of new people, the attrition of expense, burnout, job transfers, marriage, kids, etc. chips away at teams, and if not remedied sends them into oblivion.

Looks like you guys better get to work if you want to even hope to stay in the running.