Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cure 4 vs TechT Hush?

TheMemphosProject

Feb 26, 2012
Birmingham
I've had a look around the internet as well as a quick search of the forum but I can't find an answer : /

Basically, I'm thinking about buying a new bolt for an Etek 3 AM but I'm not sure on a few things:

-Should I buy the Cure 4 bolt?
-Should I buy the TechT Hush bolt?
-Should I buy the Cure 3+ bolt?
-Should I just stick with the stock bolt?

automag

Jan 14, 2008
Have you got the etek 3?

If not, Try the cure 3 before spending your money.
If you have whats wrong with the cure 3 are you breaking paint?

If you search youtube you will find video's for cure 3 v hush or cure 3+ v hush etc. You will also hear about the pooty mod bolts. this is a guy in the states thats modifies the cure and hush bolts. (mills away some of the bolts body to give less wear)

automag

Jan 14, 2008
I have the cure 3+ in my ego 10 and 11 and I am very happy with them. These are standard on the 10 and 11 the only difference between the 3 and 3+ is that the cure 3+ has interchangeable inserts. But when you buy the bolt you do not get any extra inserts. So the cure 3+ is a cure 3 with a moveable internal part. These interchangeable inserts only came with the Ego SLS models.

Last edited:

TheMemphosProject

Feb 26, 2012
Birmingham
I have the cure 3+ in my ego 10 and 11 and I am very happy with them. These are standard on the 10 and 11 the only difference between the 3 and 3+ is that the cure 3+ has interchangeable inserts. But when you buy the bolt you do not get any extra inserts. So the cure 3+ is a cure 3 with a moveable internal part. These interchangeable inserts only came with the Ego SLS models.
Have you got the etek 3?

If not, Try the cure 3 before spending your money.
If you have whats wrong with the cure 3 are you breaking paint?

If you search youtube you will find video's for cure 3 v hush or cure 3+ v hush etc. You will also hear about the pooty mod bolts. this is a guy in the states thats modifies the cure and hush bolts. (mills away some of the bolts body to give less wear)
Thanks for your responses :)

From what you're saying, the Cure 3 sounds like my best option if I were to buy a new bolt. I did read a few posts on the TechPB forum about the 'pooty mod' but I had no idea what it was - so extra thanks for letting me know! :D

automag

Jan 14, 2008
im thinking of getting a techt hush bolt for m ego heard nothing but good things from it.
I tried a Hush bolt in mine for about half a box of paint. I had to lower the HPR only very slightly to keep it at 280fps but didnt really notice much difference in sound or performance. If you have a cure 1 or 2 I would say you may see a difference.

automag

Jan 14, 2008
After talking to a few people, I think that I may have changed my mind :p

At the moment, I'm thinking about the TechT Hush bolt :)
When I gave the Hush bolt a try I didnt see much difference between the Hush and Cure 3+. Both have a hard nose.

I have put approx 12,000 ball through my Ego10 and only had an issue I had with breakages was with some very brittle paint and the cold, but every one was having paint issues on that day.

I used my Ego 11 for the 1st time this Sunday and didnt have a single break. If you are using very brittle torney paint then it may be worth going for a cure 4 as it has a soft tip nose.

The difference in bolt design between the Cure and hush bolt is that the Cure has an open face and the hush bolt is a venturi design it has more smaller ports.

The Tech-T kush bolt is very similar to the Cure 4 (or Cure 4 is similar to the Kush bolt) as they both have a soft tip nose.

To be quite honest I did hear any difference in the sound signature. Ego's, Etek's Geo's will all need a breaking in period. I would keep it as stock put about 5-6 boxes through it then see how you go. If you are still un-happy then change it.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Im using a pooty cure 3 in my SL74. Certainly made a difference, not huge, but enough for me to say money well spent.
Switching out and installing from the stock bolt, i had to turn down the velocity/FPS, which means fraction better on air and softer on paint, and was deffinately smoother overall. Also need to say it was quieter.

automag

Jan 14, 2008
How much did you have to turn the velocity down. On the Hush I had to turn it down about 10fps. When the cure 3+ was in it was around 280+/-5 on the chrono when the hush was in it was hitting 290+/-5 so not seeing much difference.