Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Debate ??

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
having just read the thread about the plane on the treadmill it brought back something i was asked at school.

Just thought i'd ask your opinion on this, i never really understood or to be honest came to any conclusion, so i therefore think it was a pointless thing for a teacher to ask a 15 y/o.

anyway, i know its a rather broad question.

Is taking the easy way out cowardly or smart?

i used to think its was cowardly, but i now think maybe its smart, but surely backing down is cowardly in itself ????

can it be both ??

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
well my situation at school, where this popped up, was for fighting over a girl :rolleyes:

was my ex girlfriend that was being bad mouthed, bullied type of thing.

So for this debate we can say, physical violence, if i backed down would i then of been a coward, or smart for taking the easy option ???

Thib

Nov 26, 2008
Newcastle
well my situation at school, where this popped up, was for fighting over a girl :rolleyes:

was my ex girlfriend that was being bad mouthed, bullied type of thing.

So for this debate we can say, physical violence, if i backed down would i then of been a coward, or smart for taking the easy option ???
But physically fighting for a girl is wrong, so not doing it isn't being a coward.
It shouldn't have been the other guy you have to persuade but the girl, by being smarter. ;)

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
see your point mate, but by walking away and letting it happen, in my mind, well it may be the easy way, i also feel its cowardly.

It would be very easy to walk away and let stuff like this happen, but is that being smart or cowardly ?? Surely its being smart, but then again if we all walked away from hard or difficult situations, then thing's in general would only get worse ??

maca

Gorrilaz
Sep 1, 2009
stratford london
see your point mate, but by walking away and letting it happen, in my mind, well it may be the easy way, i also feel its cowardly.

It would be very easy to walk away and let stuff like this happen, but is that being smart or cowardly ?? Surely its being smart, but then again if we all walked away from hard or difficult situations, then thing's in general would only get worse ??
I agree that things can just get worse when left and as long as you are not being a bully and you feel that strongly about someone or something you should step up whatever the outcome may be if it can be sorted amicably all well and good but if not then as bad as it may sound things can sometimes only be sorted physically.
I know a lot of people will disagree but i believe everybody has a breaking point, we are only human