Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
This is like the conversations I have wth my gf on MSN:
Her: "you have AIDS?!"
Me: "Baby, I was joking, it just didn't come across well in text"
Her: "......." [/relationship]

It's down to a lack of smilies and forethought, with no malice from either party. Alas, we're on a public forum where a lack of forethought can have detrimental effects.

milsimm

Spray and Pray!
Sep 1, 2008
Hmm ok, I do not understand how you telling your girlfriend you have AIDS has relevance to this topic.

Oh well!

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Lol, it was an attempt to illustrate how one might make an off-the-cuff joke without considering how it might be taken (I always assume people will see my words in the strange strange way I do, not take them seriously). I think "but hey! I meant it as a joke and he/she/they are at fault for taking it all wrong. My intentions were good!" but at the end of the day if I offend/upset someone I have to apologise and retract my statement, because I can't expect the world to conform to my ridiculously twisted frame of mind....but I do usually make a bit of a fuss first (this forum is an exception, I respect the mods' decisions implicitly). I'm not sure how I expected my first post to explain all that, but it made sense at the time. :rolleyes:

A-Dawg

London Tigers 2
Jan 27, 2008
Lol, it was an attempt to illustrate how one might make an off-the-cuff joke without considering how it might be taken (I always assume people will see my words in the strange strange way I do, not take them seriously). I think "but hey! I meant it as a joke and he/she/they are at fault for taking it all wrong. My intentions were good!" but at the end of the day if I offend/upset someone I have to apologise and retract my statement, because I can't expect the world to conform to my ridiculously twisted frame of mind....but I do usually make a bit of a fuss first (this forum is an exception, I respect the mods' decisions implicitly). I'm not sure how I expected my first post to explain all that, but it made sense at the time. :rolleyes:
You love these threads with references to sex ;):p

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
well so do we all...except when i do it..then its wrong and people get banned...usually me...or kitty......or who is really ugly...or anyone not in the one of those special clubs..or dev...but thats dev...see its not about what you say, its about who you know.

so anyway, load of black bits of tarmac are drinking in a pub...a red bit walks in...whole pub goes quiet..one black bit says to the other watch out for him he is a cyclepath (psychopath)...

that probally funnier in person

NB, black bits of tarmac are black because thats the colour of roads...not as a racial slur..i feel i should probally specify this.

right, we have gone from post deletion, to sex (ironically why the post was deleted in the first place..suposedly),to politics to jokes, where can we go next on this magical mystery tour

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
saw an awsome bumper sticker the other day the sort that would get your car windows smashed in though if int he wrong place;
Work harder- millions on welfare depend on you!
No offence to the people that actuly have it for a genuine reason not thei just cant be arse to get a job reason.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
well so do we all...except when i do it..then its wrong and people get banned...usually me...or kitty......or who is really ugly...or anyone not in the one of those special clubs..or dev...but thats dev...see its not about what you say, its about who you know.

so anyway, load of black bits of tarmac are drinking in a pub...a red bit walks in...whole pub goes quiet..one black bit says to the other watch out for him he is a cyclepath (psychopath)...

that probally funnier in person

NB, black bits of tarmac are black because thats the colour of roads...not as a racial slur..i feel i should probally specify this.

right, we have gone from post deletion, to sex (ironically why the post was deleted in the first place..suposedly),to politics to jokes, where can we go next on this magical mystery tour
In this thread the word aids has been mentioned once, hardly the same thing.

As you rightly point out this thread has run its course, you are clearly still not satisfied which is unfortunate however the answer is never going to change.

Should you have any further issues or feel you are being victimised as you seem to be getting at, please get in touch by PM with big Chief Buddha about it, or indeed Robbo.

Thread closed.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com

Should you have any further issues or feel you are being victimised as you seem to be getting at, please get in touch by PM with big Chief Buddha about it, or indeed Robbo.

Thread closed.

I wouldn't bother messaging me Whitey because I will back the mods on this one, not because I back my mods blindly, or out of any misplaced loyalty, but simply because they were damned right to delete that post.

You seem to feel somewhat aggrieved about the fact your post was deleted and to me, the answer is simple, don't write posts like that again and you won't get 'picked on'.

I've got no idea of how you've been bought up but what may be acceptable for you to post may well not be acceptable for the majority to read, as was the case here.

Just wind your neck in a bit mate and chill out; And then we will all get on nicely and our site will be a place that we can all enjoy.

Cheers Whitey

Status
Not open for further replies.