Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Did you know?

The pound note is just an IOU. It promises to pay the bearer on demand a pound in weight of coinage. Coinage was originally transacted in weights. Often a mixture of coins did not weigh exactly a pound or half a pound, in fact they often had to split a coin to make the mixture of coins weigh exactly what was required. To make the splitting of a coin easier, certain coins where stamped with a cross. This enabled a coin to be split easily in half or quarters. This cross was likened to a star, the coins where soon nicknamed 'starlings', this word eventually evolved to what we now know as STERLING. English coins where split into four, each quarter was nicknamed a fourthing or fourling, this word evolved into FARTHING. Many foreign coins had more elements to their stars and their coins where split into eighths, hence the term PIECES OF EIGHT. A lot of these coins where of Hispanic origin and the term associated with these coins developed in the American version of English which is where the Americans get the term 'TWO BIT THIS' or 'TWO BIT THAT' from. Many people think the term 'wedge' is a recent slang term or relatively modern term, this is not the case. When a coin was split into quarters or eighths the shape was of a wedge and this is where the term comes from.

Village Idiot

Barking Mad Member
Jul 11, 2001
Costa del Eastbourne
Visit site
Did you know............

that...

If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall and have a neck twice the length of a normal human's neck

and on the question of cockroaches....

The cockroach has a high resistance to radiation and is the creature most likely to survive a nuclear war.

Fried cockroach with garlic is used as medicine for the common cold

The cockroach is the fastest animal on 6 legs, covering a meter a second.

If it were human size, it could run at speeds of 300MPH!!

If you cut off the head of a cockroach, it can still survive but will eventually die, but only because it cannot eat without its head.

Cockroaches can change course as many as 25 times in one second

........I'm not really very well.......................

rancid

Mother, is that you?
I've got a good one about rats. Rats, right, if you treat them right:meals every day like, lot of love, fresh water and all that, take em to the pictures, right, well if you do all that they'll let you shag them.

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
You want some scary money stuff?

Money. Euros. Dead Prezzies. Greenbacks. Scheckles. Clams. Dough. The perfect present, always the right color but never the right size.

Most $20 bills have cocaine residue on them. If your wallet were screened for cocane, odds are they'd find trace evidence of cocaine.

Money can hold many diseases, and many bills also have residue from, umm, human fecal matter.

In the USA, bills used to read that it was legal tender, and oyu could take the bill to ANY bank and trade it for an equal ammount of gold or silver. Bills no longer have this on them, and the only reason money has value is that everyone has agreed that it should.

Oh, and one more fact about money. Tyger needs to get paid more, don't you think? I appreciate the gumballs that PGI sends me, but after I chew both of them it's all over...

Hi Anthony!

-Tyg

dam-dangerous

ian - uk chameleons
Jul 6, 2001
sheffield
www.damdangerous.co.uk
jon

the depths of your intelect astound me.

tyger the ideal of money having a value came into disrepute in germany in the early 1920's (i think)
they had total economical colapse because of this, makeing money totaly valueless.
so all i can say is trust in money other wise all your savings are worthless.
back to bartering and trade.
you will have to be paid in goats and bear skins for your reviews!!!!!!

Interesting Facts About The Lone Star State . . . . . . .

The population of Texas is 20 million, not including the 16 million cattle.

70% of the population of Texas lives within 200 miles of Austin.

Texas possesses three of the Top Ten most populous cities in the U.S. - Houston, Dallas and San Antonio.

Texas has 215 cities with a population of 10,000 or more.

The Dallas-Fort Worth area has more residents, 5,221,801, than 31 U.S. states. Arizona, for instance, has about 5.1 million residents.

Texas includes 267,339 square miles, or 7.4% of the nation's total area.

El Paso, Texas is closer to Needles, California (516 miles) than it is to Dallas, Texas (571 miles)

Texas' largest county is Brewster with 6,208 square miles. Connecticut (5,544 Sq Mi), Delaware (2,489 Sq Mi) and Rhode Island (1,545 Sq Mi) can fit inside this county.

The King Ranch itself near Corpus Christi is larger than the state of Rhode Island and includes 50,000 head of cattle.

Texas possesses 23,292 farms with 1,000 acres or more with a total of 132 million acres, or 80% of the state land area,

Texas has 90 mountains a mile or more high, with Guadalupe Peak in West Texas at 8,751 feet being the tallest.

Almost 10% of Texas is covered by forest which includes four national and five state forests.

Average yearly rainfall totals in West Texas are less than 8 inches while in East Texas totals exceed 56 inches. Texas climate statistics and weather extremes

The average January temperature for Amarillo is 36.7 degrees while in Brownsville the average is 61.4. On March 27, 1984, the temperature in Brownsville was 106 degrees while Amarillo reported snow and 35 degrees.