Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DIDN´T like the freak

Paintballfreak

Sep 23, 2001
Toledo Ohio
Visit site
Oh your welcome. I'll tell you what the test results were.

Boomstick and Titanium went through the same tests.
Distance:45 yards
Shot at a bullseye target

Titanium Acuracy: 18 inches diameter (spread shots measured from each other)

Iron Men Edition: 9 inches diameter (spread shots measure from furthest points averaged for both)

And there were alot mroe tests but right now thats the only one i remember.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
reason for such...

If I understand correctly what I have heard, titanium reacts with nitrogen readily to produce titanium nitride, commonly used in ceramics. A good friend of mine said that he has observed titanium barrels when playing in lower light conditions actually spark when fired, a visible sign of an oxidation-reduction reaction taking place such as occurs when any metal combines with oxygen or other non-metallic elements, in this case nitrogen. If this is indeed true, then the reaction would somewhat wear away at the inside of the barrel, causing the surface to be uneven hence not smooth hence not as accurate as a non-corroded surface such as aluminum, nickel, or stainless steel.
Thus, what may start off as a smooth inside of the barrel which gives good accuracy may become pitted and rough (if only barely perceptible, but non-smooth none the less) and thus not as accurate as originally intended.

Just a little food for thought.

QuikSilver

Originally posted by Paintballfreak
I hear that the titanium boomstick is less accurate as the regular boom stick. Twas the test results of numerous guns.
I am assuming that you are talking about the reviews pbstar.com does...

Their reviews are such bull****; they do reviews testing accuracy using same paint and different bores.

And if they did have a correct conclusion, those are just 2 of the many Dye barrels out there. How could a sound mind think that the results would apply to all barrels?

And barrel is a barrel. There is no barrel more accurate than another as long as they are correctly made and have a snugg barrel/paint match.

DSONYX99

Oct 26, 2001
Rapid City, SD
Visit site
Hey, some of us spend a lot of time studying oxidation reduction reactions (and in my case still failing :mad: ). Kudos to those who do understand their chemistry or thermo, or calculus, whatever, etc... to make our sport (or life) better.

LEORA goes GEROA for those who know ;)