Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dmw

• Thread starter Tommy Gun-Nexus
  • Start date
T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Thats right the Dead Mans Walk! Hell you might not agree with it but its one of the great oldscool trickz that still gets played today!
spoken to a few people who have managed to pull it off but im still not totally convinced.
So i guess what im asking is whats the best way to pull a 'walk and not get busted too early??

Gee

Mar 18, 2002
Reading UK
Visit site
The best way is against a french team, since tehy don't do them much in France, and really turn the air blue when it happens to them.

You generally need to get a marshalls unwitting help. Since the rules say you can't press a button on an electro without the marshall with you. find an excuse to press a button and call the marshall over. Then when they move away, follow them. Maybe pick up your pots and just wander over to whereever it is you want to be.

I'm sure DMW master Kitch will be over in a min to teach you other tricks.

Calavera

Ignorance Is Bliss
Sep 5, 2002
UK - Essex
Visit site
Dead mans walk, isnt that just being real cheeky?

Ok its fine if the other team justs assumes that you are out when you get up but I'm sure there is a very thin line.

Can anyone explain how far alone this line is drawn?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Simple Calavera. If you carry out an action declaring yourself eliminated as defined in the rules, you're out. If you don't actually do any of those things, you aren't!
So, you pick up your pots & trudge dejectedly away from your cover but DON'T raise your hand, plug/sock your barrel, lift your marker above your head, call your self out etc etc etc, thereby implying with your body language that you have been eliminated but not formally signalling that you're out.
Lesson for you all - if your opponent doesn't give the signal(s) as stated in the rules that they have been eliminated, shoot them!

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Thanks dude! much apreciated. dunno if id agree with that tho, ive still got a hell of alot to learn!

Ive seen the DMW bein used to awsome effect by Nicky T at X ball + Jimmy the sponge against the Ruskies (cant remember where) + it seems like a killa move, even if it is abit sly!

Keep the ideas coming guys and girls! (that was for you liz!)

Peace

Hehehehehe

My favourite subject!! If you want great examples of Deadman's walks, talk to Twiz (think he pulled a great one off against shockwave at the Temple once). Or Greg from Temple Knights who walked down the entire tape and backdoored an entire team bar one!

Just ask Skulls and Tigers YG what they thought about the old BUGOUT team and i think they might mention DMW's :D ;)

My opinion is if you have the bollox, the brains and are just plain cheeky enough, then go for it!!!