Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Do different barrels make a difference

MINTY_71

replacement killer
Feb 18, 2006
romford essex
Thought the shaft 4 barrel only fitted the ego 11 and geo and Etek?
I would have bought one for my ego 10 .. But sadly it don't fit . :(

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Thought the shaft 4 barrel only fitted the ego 11 and geo and Etek?
I would have bought one for my ego 10 .. But sadly it don't fit . :(
Shaft barrels are standard autococker thread so fit most other guns. Its just the tips that aren't interchangeable so you can't put a dye tip on a shaft back.

Reactions: MINTY_71

Speeder

Very Special Member
Dec 23, 2012
Denmark
I'd bet that most ballers would never know the difference wether they use one barrel or the other.
To get any sort of advantage with a new barrel, I'd say you'd need lots and lots of practice first.

Don't get me wrong here - I love gear and tech stuff, but you're asking if it will make a real difference to your play, and I'd reckon it won't.

The aerodynamics of a car won't come into play either if you only drive it 5 km/h...

avalanche

PointBlank Paintball (Darlington) - JMEDIA
Mar 8, 2011
Hartlepool
im still debating whether to upgrade to a shaft 4 cos theres no way im changing guns so i think i may upgrade mine

Graham Eastes

May 24, 2013
When I got my Armson barrel on my Tippman, i found it shot a lot straigter than the stock barrel and a 16" smart parts barrel.

avalanche

Mar 8, 2011
Hartlepool
ye people mention that on different guns they do make a difference but they cant make a difference if the paint is dreadful

Vimto

Sterling Paintballs
Oct 30, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
To be honest for the price of a shaft4 you can get other barrels that perform just as well. Don't get me wrong, great barrel, But I'm not gonna be dropping £60 or more quid for 2 backs, seems a bit pointless. Like it has been said, a tube is a tube, what matters is the control bore length, and the bore of the barrel itself. I'm gonna suggest another barrel that might be an option for you- The Shadow Shake kit. 3 backs in varying bore sizes, pure carbon fibre tip (so its slightly lighter, if you are that incredibly worried about weight) and a velvet carry case to store it in. Comes to £95 retail or £85 for me. I started using them, god damn they were way better than my UltraLite. You've dropped some cash for it, and you get varying bores that you can match the paint to. Brilliant piece of kit, I use it all the time now.

At the end of the day, there's a lot of options- but then again, a tube is just a tube. How much can they differ? Pick what you like the looks of and one that people report shoots consistently.

avalanche

Mar 8, 2011
Hartlepool
are you sponsored by them? cos i wouldnt mind a shadow barrel i was looking at them before