Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Does Anodizing Mess Your Gun Up ?

STiiMPZiiE

Jul 30, 2013
I sent my marker off to be anodized and when I got my marker back it wasn't shooting properly it was up and down from 240 to 320 on the chrono and just didn't seem right. Striped the marker down to find screws missing and loose. I completely rebuilt the marker but still seem to be shooting up and down on the chrono ?

Anyone experienced this ?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Short answer no, longer answer, could.

The only way the actual anodising process could mess up a gun is if it was put on really thick it could mess up some threads, this is very unlikely, especially if you sent it to a place experienced with paintball markers. The other way is if say a steel screw wasn't removed before the process was started, but again if yOu sent it to a Paintball place this is also unlikely. Most likely is your reg hasn't been put back tOgether right or needs a service.

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
as cannon fodder says, it sounds like a reg issue ( knackered o'ring or spring stack not together properly)

renie

Mar 2, 2008
Actually anodising can ruin a marker if not done correctly ..
before you anodise a marker it has to be stripped of the old anno this removes a thin layer or existing aluminium, im talking microns if done correctly then you have the anodising process itself qhich removes a few more microns but puts a few back on with the dye
If the above processes are not done right you may have problems
You should be ok of you use a decent firm ;)

CELLY-J

Jan 13, 2012
i have nasty experience whit company's that don't do paintball markers.
so let it be done by a company that knows what they are doing..

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Actually anodising can ruin a marker if not done correctly ..
before you anodise a marker it has to be stripped of the old anno this removes a thin layer or existing aluminium, im talking microns if done correctly then you have the anodising process itself qhich removes a few more microns but puts a few back on with the dye
If the above processes are not done right you may have problems
You should be ok of you use a decent firm ;)
Renie, Just to be sure, Do you know of a really good Anodisers ???? ;)

Hollywood87

Jul 22, 2012
If its not done properly it can. It can mess with tolerances so just make sure you deal with someone who knows what they are doing.