Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DYE vs Millennium Series

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
i think it is strange that a company such as DYE would have their playing top banned for use in the Millennium series this year. The amount of power and influence they have over the powers that be in paintball must be immense, this is a very bold move by the commitee against one of their sponsors, and powerful industry force.

does this ban extend to the NPPL, PSP and USA X Ball?? If not then why not??

What does this mean for all the teams and players that have already paid for the DYE tops?? Will they get their money back? what do they do if the tops have already been used?? They are not made of money.....

Thousands of dollars have been literally wasted by the decision (a decision that i do not disagree nor disagree with) , how will this affect DYE's support of the series in Europe?

sam

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Honestly, I doubt there'll be much fuss over it. Did people get their money back when turbo boards were outlawed? Nope...
Will Dye throw a hissy fit? Doubt it. Will this rule be enforced? We'll see. Could be that it gets the same treatment as the all important trigger guard rule.
Dye must have know they were threading on thin ice, since it was already in the rules anyway, so it couldn't have been very surprising really.
What does surprise me, is that there are now 158 threads on this subject....:rolleyes:

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Buddha 3

What does surprise me, is that there are now 158 threads on
this subject....:rolleyes:
Well mod 'em and make all as one big happy thread then :)

Sam - it all depends on whether it's enforced - but as it was specifically stated, I think it might be.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Here's Camille's response

Asked about the Dye jersey controversy

[ Although I can't speak for the Millennium, at the NPPL events there will be a Technical Scrutineer checking guns, goggles, jerseys, paint and packs to make sure everything is in the rules. If a manufactured product that has not been altered is found unfit for play, we will not penalize any players at that event but we will tell them that they will not be able to use them in future events. Therefor if a decision is to be made against the manufactured jerseys it would be made at that time. So they will be legal for the first event, but the scrutineer will make a decision at that time for the rest of the events. If you have any more questions feel free to call me at (303) 520-3027 - but preferably during halftime ;)

Oh yeah, and by the way I am in Huntington Beach right now and it's been in the 80's all weekend... now THIS is the kind of January a Nebraska girl can appreciate!! See you in a couple weeks!!!

Thank you,
Camille Baker
Director of Marketing & Player Relations
www.nppl.tv
Camille@nppl.tv
(303) 520-3027 ]

Russ. M

Morning Wood - Void
Sep 9, 2002
Taunton, south west
the list of things that are supposedly banned that teams almost always get away with goes on and on. for example on NUMEROUS occasions last millenium we played against teams that:-

had different coloured hopper shells
multiple coloured hopper stickers
no trigger gaurds
didnt have clothes layers checked
played with excess padding on person and marker.

and thats just off the top of my head. i doubt very much this rule will see the light of day and if it does i doubt it will be enforced

Jamie B

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
The jungle
After this much contaversy and publicity about it? To be honest if peolple who wanted to wear the tops hadn't kicked up such a fuss about not being able to wear them, they probably would've been able to get away with it. Ironic isnt it.:p