The Home Of European Paintball

Egg vs Halo B

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Robinator
it isn't just about shooting players off the brake it's about stopping them from going to where thywant to go...if they still try and make their primary thay are likely to get shot.... so in fact it makes a big difference how fast you can shoot and what the hell has accuracy got to do with how fast a loader can feed...
Robin
Just what I was gonna post!!!

Paul.
:)

draconia17

May 14, 2003
long island, NY
i say...

halo, its a lil heavier but you always have a shot ready and waiting:) and as far as the egg II,.......no, its nice and all, okay if ur shooting non electo gun, but otherwise, no! :D

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
I'm actually amazed so many people rate the Halo so highly.

It is the fastest hopper out there - no debate. I also believe it's the best made in terms of build quality.

However, what I can't understand is that nobody gets breaks with the Halo B? I have tried different Halo B's (all TE software) on different markers (Speed, IR3 and Impulse Vision) and to differing degrees, there are always breech bursts.

My opinion is that the cause of these bursts (1-2 balls per hopper full on average, more so on the IR3 which is notoriously problematic when combined with a Halo) is the high pressure placed on the ball stack by the Halo B.

Either the pressure on the stack is bursting/weakening the seams of the balls or the extra pressure means that when the bolt draws back it's slicing the bottom off the next ball as it's forced into position.

I'm amazed that there aren't more people complaining about this issue. Maybe I am just unlucky with the 3 Halo's I have tried?

I believe that the incredible feed rates achievable with a Halo come with a high price, that being a far greater liklihood of chopped paint.

The Evo II is far from perfect (for example, the lid attachment design is a joke!) but I've never yet had a ball break when using an Evo II and I'll take zero breaks over extra BPS any day...

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
I think you will find that your problem lies with the markers you are using the Halo's on.

Angels are "open bolt". i.e the bolt is at its open position before you trigger the firing cycle.

Therefor the Halo is probably pushing the palls past the ball detents. If this occurs you can get 2 or more balls in the breach hence the bursts.

I use a halo on a Cocker and have had absolutely no problems with it.

Just a thought.
Jeff

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
No, I agree Jeff in part, I suppose what I am suprised about is that I read about so many people using Halo's on Impy's, Vikings, and Angels etc who love Halo's. I find it hard to believe they don't get any chops. Or maybe they do, but they aren't that bothered by it???

I don't think the balls are going past the detents, certainly not on the speed or impy andway. What I think is happening is that as the bolt comes back it is tearing the bottom of the next ball due to the force it is being fed down into the breech. either that or the stack is under such pressure that the odd ball is splitting in the stack??

Either way, my own experiences have made me wary of the Halo in some aspects.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Halo's aint perfect. I've had a couple Jam up on me mid tournament. The ball had a lot of pressure on it and came out almost flattened :eek: I do get Breech bursts as well, even on the Viking which I've had bouncing of the same paint. I'd be tempted with the Egg II if it weren't for the fact I can outshoot it far too easily with the Viking.

That being said though I think my Halo's programming has gone 'funny' cos it no longer empties in one long run. anyway its back off to oddysee tommorow :D :D :D

Paul

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by rancid
How the fk would you know? You're never in the game that long.
:eek: Eh??? how do you know! I'm normally one of the last in I'll have you know! :p

However I was actually referring to a drop test, well to be exact a drop test with slight 'finger pressure'.

Paul