Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Egi Eye for Matrix,

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
If you own a matrix, you want to get one of these new egi eyes put into your marker.
I've shot a matrix for over two years now, and i've always been able to break paint if i shoot too fast (ie paddle the trigger)
What's the point of having a gun that shoots super fast but smashes paint? So Egi from team Cyclone made an eye that New York Extreme had put into their new custom matrix.
Well now the Mayhem Tigers are installing these eyes right here in England, and i had them do one in my matrix.

Ok i was a bit sceptical at first, because i've shot several guns with eyes, and i think i can break paint in just about anything. But i got my gun back, and Holy SH!T does it rock!
First of all Gareth did a trigger job that simply defies discription. Anybody can shoot this gun fast, Even Jim Sennet from Campaign can shoot this gun fast, (after i explained there was no pump handle on it ;) ).
Then we slapped a Halo on it, and just let lose. I shot two cases of really crap paint through it last night, and it just plain rocked.
Basically it will shoot exactly the same speed as your loader, and not a ball faster. The gun will not cycle without paint breech, and won't chop at all. I shot super brittle hellfire, and oversized sweaty seconds blaze, and several pots of crap paint laying about in the gun lockup at Campaign.

To go one further, we found a pot of paint left by a rental customer on the field, and dumped that in the loader and ripped that lose too. Not a single break, not skips just plain ball shooting madness!

I have to say, that this is the best upgrade i have ever had for a matrix.
I had a stock LCD, (now a LED) I had a Shocktech front reg, and a complete Evolve bolt kit, and that's all i've upgraded on the gun.
If you own a Matrix, GET THIS MOD!
The tigers will install the eye, Do a trigger job, and mill out the ball detents in your breech all in one go! You don't need the ball detents milled out unless you're using a halo, but i sugest you get it done. I've now got some fancy Eclipse ball detents, which totally rock! (and look nice too).

The eye uses an infrared beam, which breaks when the ball sits in front of it, so it is not effected by paint color like eblades or vision impulses. It simply cannot break paint.

The only reservations i have, are how the eye will respond to moisture, (it does rain here) and direct hits on the connector. I am looking at a ruber sleve to protect the conector, as it's not uncommon to get shot on the front of the gun.

I'll get some video of this gun posted at some point, but all i can say, is this gun ROCKS, get the eye NOW!

I'm including a link to some dude who's really excited because he's got a brand new NYX matrix, but just have a look at the speed of this thing!
(i apologise for all the pimp talking, just look at the gun OK?_
http://www.ginxd.com/Video/NYXMatrix.wmv

booga

Arthritic Pirate
Have to agree with all that, picked mine up last sunday and took it for a quick spin, and I do mean quick as I didn't have that much paint. To say this rips is a vast understatment, I used to have an eclipse vision I-framed impy (which is pretty fast I'll admit) but the ROF out of the eyed up trix makes the Imp look like it was doing 2bps.
I'm taking it out for a proper test this sunday, so I'll post any other good/bad points I find.

Agent Smith

Aug 15, 2003
Guildford
Visit site
I have to agree that is one FAST gun!

I shot it yesterday too and it made my Matrix look KAK!

Definately going to get this done when I have the cash...

Colin- I guess this is the reason we are short on paint for training now! Hahahaha.

Cam- UK!

:)

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
I was emptying the hopper walking between baricades, 140 balls in less than 10 seconds.

I've never gone through paint like that before, i think i'm gonna need a larger battle pack!

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
Col, did your side of tha field even get to "move between" barricades at all all day? My side was dead quiet, but then slinging 5 pots of paint down a tape in under 90 seconds has a tedency of doing that :rolleyes:

binz

Dec 19, 2001
isle of man
www.brewerypaintball.com
still new to the matrix,but if its the same eye as i have in my NYX then these things are awesome,i seem to be out shooting my eblade with nexus set up, for fun :D
if they're not the same what have i got in it ?