Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego '05 reg..

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Looking at '05 Ego I've noticed that the consistency wasn't too good lately.
What with the eyes packing up it could all be connected..:eek:
I've stripped the reg,cleaned,lubed and resealed it,then I saw a Hyper II reg at a reasonable price (cheers foot;)) so I decided to "upgrade" to that.
My question is which is the better reg for efficieny,reliability,etc,a good working Ego o5 reg or the Hyper II...cheers..:D

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
Hmmmmm

I would have got a new reg from planet.. hyper 2 regs are great regs, but really think more suited to the dye markers..

I think i would start looking at getting a few new internal parts, im sure if they have been in there since new, that five years of pounding away have taken there toll..

Also if your inline reg still has belville washers in either try and replace them or as you already have get a new inline reg..

New Low Pressure hose ..

So a nice new overhaul... :D

tiffer

May 31, 2005
Visit site
I would have got a new reg from planet.. hyper 2 regs are great regs, but really think more suited to the dye markers..

I think i would start looking at getting a few new internal parts, im sure if they have been in there since new, that five years of pounding away have taken there toll..

Also if your inline reg still has belville washers in either try and replace them or as you already have get a new inline reg..

New Low Pressure hose ..

So a nice new overhaul... :D
Appreciate what you're saying but the reg is the only part left to renew,hose was done with the solenoid late last year.
Prolly be a hard job to get a "new" '05 reg so I'd have to opt for a "similar" item anyway.

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
Appreciate what you're saying but the reg is the only part left to renew,hose was done with the solenoid late last year.
Prolly be a hard job to get a "new" '05 reg so I'd have to opt for a "similar" item anyway.
Thats cool bud, but planet do the 3rd gen for about £25, same as what you get on an 07/08 ego and the ETEK2..

I Guess once you have fitted the Hyper 2 you will see how it compares..

Hopes its ok, as it was a bargain buy..

tiffer

May 31, 2005
Visit site
Thats cool bud, but planet do the 3rd gen for about £25, same as what you get on an 07/08 ego and the ETEK2..

I Guess once you have fitted the Hyper 2 you will see how it compares..

Hopes its ok, as it was a bargain buy..
The "matt black" swung it...:eek:

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Not sure what the dye regulates up to range-wise. The DM/PM series are fairly low pressure spoolies, so the hyper might max out before the Ego hits usable velocity. Suck it and see I guess? ;)

tiffer

May 31, 2005
Visit site
Not sure what the dye regulates up to range-wise. The DM/PM series are fairly low pressure spoolies, so the hyper might max out before the Ego hits usable velocity. Suck it and see I guess? ;)
Should be ok it's rated between 50 ~450 psi..we'll see...

WihGlah

Autococker Tech
Jul 19, 2009
Oxford
Bear in mind the Eclipse guns have steadily come down in pressure (as have the reg adjustablity ranges) and up in efficiency. An 08 Ego reg might starve an 05 Ego

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
The hyper 2 in question was taken from a DM7 (2007) i beleve with an input of 145psi, hope thats of some use.