Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego/mag project

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I've been tinkering on an electro conversion for my X-valved mag, that's slowly come together over the last few weeks. It uses an 05 ego frame, minature solenoid & clippard ram from Air Soldier in the USA.

Fitting the grip frame involved a bit of cutting and re-drilling of holes. I had to dremel the top of the frame to get the modified ram in, and secure this with four 6-32 grub screws. The sear is operated by a nylon piston fitted the the ram, which is fed air at around 70psi from the mini LP reg. The lp hose runs through the foregrip and down a channel in the frame to the noid.

All the bits fitted really neatly in the Ego frame, and I aired it up today for first time. Had 12bps out of it with eyes off (not installed), but you can get 15bps+ without chops with the X-valve as it has LVL10 bolt as standard.

Next stage is to get a bit of milling done on rail, and then ship parts off to Slothball to get it re-annodised. I'm thinking of matching everything to the dust silver Eclips OOPs...?

Watch this space ;)

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Very nice work:cool:

So what shall we call it?

You've got the shego for shocker/ego hybrid so I guess this would be a mago?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
good work you shoot it yet ?

Just put a few pots through it in back garden. Dialled it into mid 280's and ripped off a hopper on semi - hit 12bps easily with no chops :cool: Put it on ramp and clipped one ball, not really a chop more of a barrel break TBH. That was with old (crappy) paint and an egg on shagged batteries so I'm not that worried. This thing is just crazy and I'm really looking forward to using it in a game.

Here some shots & video of one in the States - this guy's converted 5 Egomag's now, and a purple one put together by a guy on PBL that is pure sex :D

http://media.putfile.com/Loguzzzzzz-Emaggo-2

Attachments

Sajj101

I’m a MAGaholic.
Where’s the field strip screw? What’s keeping the valve in place?

I’m working on an EgoMag project as well but with eyes, in fact that’s the only thing left to do.
Knocked a couple of prototype eye covers but nothing I’m happy with, was hoping to have it finished this weekend but just haven’t had the time.

I’ll get photos up as soon as its done.

Other wise looking good, keep us posted.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
na dont go for silver. do some thing a bit different ? i like the name mango ? so why not go for a different colour though

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Where’s the field strip screw? What’s keeping the valve in place?

I’m working on an EgoMag project as well but with eyes, in fact that’s the only thing left to do.
Knocked a couple of prototype eye covers but nothing I’m happy with, was hoping to have it finished this weekend but just haven’t had the time.

I’ll get photos up as soon as its done.

Other wise looking good, keep us posted.
The rear strip screw is missing in photo, as I still have to drill and tap a hole there. Valve body's held on with short screw through rail, and sits inside mag frame. I did this to save cutting down back of ego frame, and drilling for a strip screw all the way through. May still go that route as it makes stripping a lot easier.

Are you using Ego eyes? Interested to see how they are installed in body & how eye covers work? May fit eyes too at some stage - depends how many chops I get.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
na dont go for silver. do some thing a bit different ? i like the name mango ? so why not go for a different colour though
I hear what your saying - dust silver may be a bit bland... Hmmm :confused:

I'll talk to Slothball and see what options I have