Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EGO Trigger Magnet

Cypha

Part-Time Cannon Fodder
Dec 24, 2005
In a house
If i understand you correctly, you are saying remove the magnetic return grub screw, but that just seems too easy. Is there no way to remove the magnet completely?

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
If i understand you correctly, you are saying remove the magnetic return grub screw, but that just seems too easy. Is there no way to remove the magnet completely?
you dont need to remove the circular magnet that is located in the frame.
Of course, if you REALLY wanted to, you could, but there is absolutely no difference to just removing the grub screw as it serves the same purpose.

if you are using an 05 ego, i dont recommend you remove the screw however, seeing as there will be no return at all on the trigger pull and will cause massive amounts of bounce.

alternatively, if you are feeling adventurous, there are documented methods for adding spring return to a stock 05 frame (by means of a disassembled Biro, and a small amount of drilling i think) which would afford you a nicer trigger action.

Have fun with it.

Luke C

Banned
Apr 15, 2006
Unsportsmanlike
www.xpres.co.uk
Personally I can shoot much much faster with a magnet 'snap' back return than a spring.

I prefer the standard 06 trigger to the one on my SL66 which is spring only. Might be worth trying both before you make a decision.

Cypha

Part-Time Cannon Fodder
Dec 24, 2005
In a house
Is there any difference on the SL66 trigger to the stock 06 trigger, except from they only have 3 adjustment points not 4? E.G Shape (wave) and if so can the SL66 trigger be purchased separately from planet.

Cypha

Part-Time Cannon Fodder
Dec 24, 2005
In a house
Anyone with any 3rd party triggers? CP or FBM? Any good? :confused:

I just find it hard to walk the standard trigger, but before i switched to the ego i had a custom trigger made for me out of solid carbon fiber for my ion. The interesting thing was that it was a reverse wave trigger. Meaning that where it went out on the normal wave it went in and so on. I could walk that thing till the cows came home, but this is like pulling a brick up a hill with my fingers! I think mainly it might be the solid magnetic feel if the trigger. I might have to play around to see if i can find a happy medium. :(