Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego8 Oops/Regulator question

Orion3

Jul 12, 2009
Had my Ego 8 for a while now and have been using a 1.1ltr Crossfire reg/bottle fairly successfully all this time, however....

I borrowed a friends Ego10 at the weekend for a game and noticed how much easier it was to aim/hold with a smaller bottle.

Simple....tried to move the Oops forward to simulate a smaller bottle but hit a snag - the regulator on the bottle hits the back of the gun handle and stops me moving the ASA forward more than half and inch. To clarify, its the regulator that is hitting (just after the thread) not the nipple (can't move it that far forward). If I move the Oops forward, I can start to screw the bottle in but not fully.

Thought about a drop forward/rail, but can't see one that suitable, so now even considering another bottle/reg.

Anyone have the same issue or recommend a bottle that will let me do what I want to do?

Talfryn

The Attritionist
May 14, 2010
West Sussex
Had my Ego 8 for a while now and have been using a 1.1ltr Crossfire reg/bottle fairly successfully all this time, however....

I borrowed a friends Ego10 at the weekend for a game and noticed how much easier it was to aim/hold with a smaller bottle.

Simple....tried to move the Oops forward to simulate a smaller bottle but hit a snag - the regulator on the bottle hits the back of the gun handle and stops me moving the ASA forward more than half and inch. To clarify, its the regulator that is hitting (just after the thread) not the nipple (can't move it that far forward). If I move the Oops forward, I can start to screw the bottle in but not fully.

Thought about a drop forward/rail, but can't see one that suitable, so now even considering another bottle/reg.

Anyone have the same issue or recommend a bottle that will let me do what I want to do?
Can't see a solution that you could apply to the gun. But if you want to change the reg on the bottle to make a more compact setup I would recomend a guerilla myth one as they are very small, consistant and light. I'd try giving LiPs a call as I think they stock them :)

Reactions: Orion3

Orion3

Jul 12, 2009
Thanks Talfryn - I was hoping for a different answer....but expecting the one you gave. Appreciate the steer on the regulator though!

Talfryn

The Attritionist
May 14, 2010
West Sussex
Thanks Talfryn - I was hoping for a different answer....but expecting the one you gave. Appreciate the steer on the regulator though!
No problem, I've just thought though. Early egos came stock with asa's that were on little mini rails. You could try getting your hands on one of those. I'll find a picture so you know what i'm talking about :D

Orion3

Jul 12, 2009
Interesting!
Got a feeling though that the Crossfire reg will just hit the back of the mini rail as it does the back of the integrated T rail on the bottom/back of the grip - same problem just half-an-inch lower!

Don't suppose you know of anyone that makes a drop that fits the Eclipse T rail?

sundance1968

sundance1968
Jan 26, 2009
nottingham
if you find t rail drop forwards let me know , ive looked all over and they dont exist seems the tourny guys love the length :)

personnaliy i prefer a well balanced tight under the shoulder marker set up

but weve packed out the ego 09 mounting holes with washers and used dovetail drop forwards but

had to replace the eclipse t rail asa's with dovetail asa's and there you have it drop forwards fitted

cp drop forwards are nice and there are some unusual designs like the lightning