Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire Axe Bolt

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
There's a few different "upgrade" bolts around.

Many people will advise if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

It depends on what you're trying to achieve mostly.

Quieter, smoother, more efficient or a combination. Most aftermarket lightweight bolts will allow you to tweak your settings and operating pressures to achieve varying results.

The bolts I know of are TechT (MRT Gold and Delrin), Boss V2 and the Lurker Eigenbolt.

The TechT and Boss bolts can be used in conjunction with a spring kit, the Lurker bolt is a little more fussy and is best off used with the stock spring.

After adding one of these bolts, you can adjust your operating pressure and dwell to get different efficiency, report and smoothness of shots.

tombut716

Team Proteus Founder & UKPSF Member #5993
May 13, 2013
Cheshire
Bz do sell the techt bolt, but I got a xsv v2 bolt from America from one of the big online sellers. Cost about £35 with upgraded spring kit and shipping. Haven't tried it out yet myself, but from watching YouTube a lot of people say it's the best.

There's a great guide on the net for the different bolts for the axe called cromers axe guide just search for that

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
I recommend... The standard bolt

Edit: I have shot an axe for the last 3 seasons since the first shipment arrived from the us I got one straight off the pallet.

The only upgrade worth doing is he redline, nothing else improves anything.

Avoid low profile feed necks like the plague, I fitted one & it makes it almost impossible to see down the marker using a spire or z2 so you end up looking round the loader & getting shot in the mush!

Last edited:

fishleg003

Oct 13, 2011
They all a load of smoke I tried the lurker bolt and it wasn't right for me. Scratched all the bolt guide getting it off.... Don't get me wrong some guns like tippmanns definitely can use a softer bolt but the axe stock bolt is perfect never chops super kind on paint. Lurker went in the bin :p. If it weren't any good they would of changed it a long time ago.

Reactions: Donk

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Lurker bolt is working fine for me...

I've got one of the smoothest and quietest Axes going because of it, throw a carbon fibre barrel on there and it gets crazy quiet. If I want air efficiency over that I can simply increase the air pressures, lower the dwell, re-chrono and get good results every time...

I've lowered the operating pressure by 70/75psi with no issues, the Eigenbolt uses the stock Axe spring and the bolt tip from the stock Axe/Mini bolt and I've seen no problems with the bolt guide or breech.

Reactions: Gadget

tombut716

Team Proteus Founder & UKPSF Member #5993
May 13, 2013
Cheshire
Ive now fitted my boss bolt and dry fired it no problem. Follow the setup instructions that came with the bolt, feels like its firing hot so will need to chrono up

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
They all a load of smoke I tried the lurker bolt and it wasn't right for me. Scratched all the bolt guide getting it off.... Don't get me wrong some guns like tippmanns definitely can use a softer bolt but the axe stock bolt is perfect never chops super kind on paint. Lurker went in the bin :p. If it weren't any good they would of changed it a long time ago.
Don't agree - I've had a Lurker bolt since they came out and my Axe shoots noticeably more quietly and more smoothly than with the stock bolt. FPS jumped too with the Lurker, which combined with being able to drop the dwell lower indicates improved efficiency. Companies don't put the all-expenses-spared best components in every marker, they put in the best combination of performance and reliability for a given cost.

Reactions: phil-boy

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I also agree with Medic and Gadget, I have the same set up and I honestly can say .. there`s not much out there that can better it, It`s the only gun I can fire indoors, Love it !!!

Reactions: wiggles01