Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire Axe or Planet Eclipe Etha

Myles505

Cardinals
Jan 4, 2015
Hi everyone :)
I have around £150-£200 to spend and have seen lots of praise on both the Empire Axe and Planet Eclipse Etha. First up, which do people think is better? For each, which has better factors like reliability, aesthetics, accuracy and all other general factors?
Finally, how much do people think a full set up with rotor and tank would cost with either of these?
Thanks
Myles

Sam_Herts

Mar 5, 2015
Hertfordshire
Hi mate, welcome to the forum! The axe and the etha are both great starter guns, there's not much between them. It's worth having a feel of both and see what feels the most comfortable for you, I'm not sure if you'd get an axe for that sort of money though.

For a used axe/etha with a tank and a rotor you're probably looking around the £350-400 mark at a guess.

Edit: Sorry I've only justt realised you've been here a while, I thought you had just joined!:oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Myles505

Myles505

Cardinals
Jan 4, 2015
Hi mate, welcome to the forum! The axe and the etha are both great starter guns, there's not much between them. It's worth having a feel of both and see what feels the most comfortable for you, I'm not sure if you'd get an axe for that sort of money though.

For a used axe/etha with a tank and a rotor you're probably looking around the £350-400 mark at a guess.

Edit: Sorry I've only justt realised you've been here a while, I thought you had just joined!:oops:
ahaha that's okay mate thanks for the advice :) I've been looking at dm13s for ages so have become a bit of a newbie to the axe/Etha :) do you think both of them are tournament worthy? cheers
Myles

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
Both are definitely tournament legal and capable, personally I like the ergonomics of an Axe, big trigger guard, easy maintenance and to use, especially the Axe has a quick release bolt and lever on/off ASA with a pressure guide built on to read the output pressure. Etha normally comes with a hard case, 2-piece 14" barrel better than what comes with the Axe. I'd prefer an Axe to an Etha over how well it shoots. Although I'd probably choose an Etha for reliability. Planet eclipse guns always work a treat no matter what. There was a torture test done on an Etha, it shown the gun still capable of shooting after being left in the river and thrown onto concrete ground. I'm not the one to comment anything about DMs but according to some people, the gun's performance is dependent on the owner, requiring proper maintenance to perform well so the owner probably will need to know the gun as well. Hope this helps.

Myles505

Cardinals
Jan 4, 2015
Both are definitely tournament legal and capable, personally I like the ergonomics of an Axe, big trigger guard, easy maintenance and to use, especially the Axe has a quick release bolt and lever on/off ASA with a pressure guide built on to read the output pressure. Etha normally comes with a hard case, 2-piece 14" barrel better than what comes with the Axe. I'd prefer an Axe to an Etha over how well it shoots. Although I'd probably choose an Etha for reliability. Planet eclipse guns always work a treat no matter what. There was a torture test done on an Etha, it shown the gun still capable of shooting after being left in the river and thrown onto concrete ground. I'm not the one to comment anything about DMs but according to some people, the gun's performance is dependent on the owner, requiring proper maintenance to perform well so the owner probably will need to know the gun as well. Hope this helps.
Thank you mate. I'm still undecided though! :)

Myles505

Cardinals
Jan 4, 2015
What are people's thoughts on the invert mini aswell? Which would be the favourite Of the three?

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
The mini is like a cheap version of the Axe basically, pretty much same internal designs but different frames, smaller trigger guard, doesn't have the quick release bolt or lever on/off ASA but it's compatible on the mini so you can upgrade it with an lever on/off ASA.