Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etek 1 Ego problem - low FPS.

B 2the eano

Mar 19, 2011
Right,

I went to my first walk on today and enjoyed it, bloody good fun!

I had one major problem during the day though, my Etek was only shooting around 140-160 FPS. I've looked through the manual and can't find anything, I've replaced the battery for a brand new one out the packet (Duracell), Pete stripped down a few parts and cleaned the bolt and things (Thanks a lot mate, you're a star :D ) but we didn't manage to fix the problem.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the problem may be, any possible solutions and how I would go about fixing it?

A little information prior to the low FPS - when I first arrived and filled my tank, screwed it into the ASA and gassed my marker up, it wouldn't stop firing. Literally as soon as I screwed in the know on the ASA it just went into like full auto without me pressing the trigger, the only way it would stop was if I unscrewed the knob. I don't know if this is related to the low FPS but just thought I'd let you all know what happened.

Pete (once again great guy) suggested that it could be the High Pressure Regulator that's faulty, although I would like to just check if it could be any other problem before and how they fixed it before I ring Planet Eclipse tomorrow for a possible solution.

Many thanks in advance,
Beano

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
It does indeed sound like the hp reg in the etek 1s they have 16shims instead of the spring like in etek 2s and 3s. Have you opened the reg at all? I know my etek 1 is dumping air out from where the hp reg bolts onto the frame oh the joys im going to contact planet as im pulling my hair out now and ive replaced the rammer orings and housing orings oiled every thing up still leaks for fun. Let me know if you opened the reg
Cheers
Mike

WihGlah

Autococker Tech
Jul 19, 2009
Oxford
In decreasing order of likelyhood:

1) Reset your dwell to factory original.
2) Change the battery again.
3) Inspect / change every "O" ring on the rammer.
4) Dissassemble the HPR - clean it, inspect every "O" ring and replace anything dodgy. Re-lube and re-assemble.
5) Repeat (4) on the LPR
6) Recheck with a different Chrono.
7) Change tank
8) Repeat (4) on the Solonoid
9) Change the detents. (I really am grasping now)

B 2the eano

Mar 19, 2011
Wow, thanks for the list of things to try, WihGlah.

I'll get started on these tomorrow and post back with the results.

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Do not dissassemble the solonoid as you will void your warranty ! saying thats if its an etek 1 you wont have any ? :-P still wouldnt recommend it unless you know what your doing

where abouts are you in the UK as i can sort the issue out for you if your not far from cambridge, If you are then check the below first

1) Change the battery to a good brand not some 50p job (this is normally the case)
2) Take of the front reg and clean make sure the shims are in this order ! )()()()()()()()(
3) also make sure that your top 2 grips screws are not over tightened

If your marker still isnt working after this then it is worth giving this to a tech mate and letting them sort it out - I will pm you my address if this doesnt work.

B 2the eano

Mar 19, 2011
I've reset the whole board to factory settings, as well as installing yet another brand new battery. I'll test it tomorrow and post results here.

scott_peters, how far away do you live from Etton? (Peterborough)

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
not far mate about 30 miles if you want to meet up no problem i can then sort this out for you ? however it will have to be after 5pm as i work

B 2the eano

Mar 19, 2011
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/B_2the_eano/d993b5c6.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/B_2the_eano/3ad06e78.jpg

I've started to take the reg apart to check if the shims are in order, however I can not take it apart any more than what I have done in picture one. What should be my next step?

Also, in picture two it looks like the previous owner had been at it with a pair of pliers or something? It's scratched around there and some of the metal has been flattened down, would this effect performance at all?

Oh and my father lives in Etton, so I may be able to pop down to his one weekend and come to meet you if that's ok? Will try my best to get it done on my own first though :)