Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etek 1 - high velocity first shot

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
Hey guys. Chrono'd my gun yesterday and was getting a very high velocity first shot if the gun hadn't been shot for a while (10+ seconds). I think it was around 360fps for the first shot, but then the second shot instantly drops to around 250-260 and stays around there. The field limit is 270 but if I turn my velocity up to get it closer to 270, the first shot gets even hotter and its bad enough as it is.

Its noticeable out on the field too, if I don't shoot for a while the first round has a lot more range and accuracy than the rest. I don't hit much out on the field, but I'm concerned this first shot might actually hit a player, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be hit by such a hot round so any ideas on what I can do to sort it?

Gun is a stock Etek1. Thanks in advance for any help.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I would guess the HP inline regulator is creeping due to faulty seals.

If so a strip, clean, new seals and a rebuild should sort it out.

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
How do I check/change the FSDO setting Lovetone? I understand FSDO stands for first shot drop off, but can't find out how to check what it is? Thanks.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
if its available as a software option it would be in the etek manual but a quick browse says i cant find it mentioned.
it might be an issue with your HPR or LPR, service them properly then try again, or contact PE direct.

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Check that your dwell isn't set to high. Sounds like your inline reg creeping or supercharging though :) so a good strip clean and lube should fix it.