Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etek 4 info.

Brisance

Tom
Sep 19, 2007
Berkshire
Hi,
I have recently purchased a Etek 4 and when firing it has a real tin like sound coming from the bolt/rammer area.
When de-gassed it still makes this noise if I move the bolt back and forth and it seems to make it at the end of its travel toward the feed neck.
I have an Etek 3 which I am replacing with the Etek 4 and it makes this noise but only the slightest bit, I have tried the basic bolt it comes with and a cure 4 bolt and it still does this with both.

Any ideas!? Cheers

Brisance

Tom
Sep 19, 2007
Berkshire
I can hear the noise when shooting paint and when the marker is de gassed moving the bolt back and forth manually, the barrel is on when shooting and tried with it on and off when not shooting.

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
is the bolt pin hitting the body of the marker on the forward stroke? we had a guy at our walkon with that problem, had made two groves on the body of the marker, not sure if it was user error, ie he had it in bits and put something back wrong or if it came from eclipse like that???

Brisance

Tom
Sep 19, 2007
Berkshire
Had another look and it's the rammer hitting the exhaust valve from what I can tell @Nicky T is this a problem? Also I'm missing the rubber cap for the back end of the rammer/cap is this also a problem?

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
Had another look and it's the rammer hitting the exhaust valve from what I can tell @Nicky T is this a problem? Also I'm missing the rubber cap for the back end of the rammer/cap is this also a problem?
The sound won't be the rammer hitting the exhaust valve; that will be masked by a loud "bang" to fire the ball. It will however be the lack of Rammer bumper/cushion! Please contact me directly on: nick.t@planeteclipse.com along with confirmation that you have registered your marker for warranty via: https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/ and i will gladly send a replacement out in the mail to you.

Kindest regards,

Nicky T

Rewan

Aug 12, 2013
Cornwall
IF you bought the marker recently just send it back to PE? They are known for great customer service.