Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

FAO Teams who actually practice...

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Ok, so rather than teams that turn up and piss about playing a couple of games against each other, this post is directed at those who actually turn up on practice day with a schedule of what they are going to work on, when and how.

What i want to know is what aspects due you work on during team training? What drills have you found particularly useful?

:confused:

What's that?

You mean there aren't any?

Ok... So just in case there aren't any teams that do this... What does your team do on practice day?:D

JimShady - Twisted Capt.

Plaited Wookie
Jan 7, 2002
Smacklesfield
Visit site
Generally we start with a couple of warm up games to get us in the mood ;) then move onto drills - snapshooting, accuracy (targets), sliding/diving, running and shooting, sweetspotting etc we usually pick two or three things to focus on and spend a while doing each, with the rest of the team watching and giving feedback to whoever is doing the drill at the time. Then we usually do set games to finish up - back on front, 5 on 2 (crossing up) stuff like that and maybe some one on ones.
Days like this dont use a hell of a lot of paint - we usually get 5/6 boxes between the 8 team members which makes it quite cheap - and feasible to play every weekend (almost)

Hope this is of some use mate - jimbo :cool:

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Cheers mate.

Any particular drills that you can recommend (SP?)

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Hey up Stan,
Ok just to show you how bad my geography is i will say where the hell is surrey? ;)

If its not too far from Cambridge feel free to come up one weekend and see how we train.

Pretty intense, got the lads on a nice steep learning curve :)

Chuck me a mail if ya interested or if you have any points you wanna train on.

ukjay@ntlworld.com

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
The reason you only get a few responses to this question is because very few teams actually do any drills. A lot of them just play games and call that a practice day. Some teams have gotten quite good that way, but I'd say they could have gotten even better if they had done proper drills.
Instead of asking for all the drills in the world, a better approach would be to analyse your team's game, and find out what parts of your game need working on, both individually (such as snapshooting) and as a team (such as communication). When you've found out these weak points, then you can start coming up with drills to get better at those points. You'll probably get more responses too if you ask for specific drills, like 'what's the best drill to improve my snapshooting'?

Hope that helped you some mate!

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Cheers Bud,

As you can see from my first post, i was fairly certain that the majority of (UK) teams just busted each other up...:D

I was just trying to find out whether my assumption was correct and whether any team had found any particular drill particularly useful!

I have ideas for drills, oh yes indeedy i have ideas... ;)

Cheers for you input... I take it you'll be over for Campaign?

FAMINE - thanks for the offer mate i might get in touch!