Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fill-nipple leak

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Hey dudes and dudettes, had to remove my fill nipple recently to clean out the o-ring on the pin, and since replacing it (with some PTFE tape to seal it) it's been slowly leaking from the threads. Hardly surprising, but before I go and bung a bunch of crap into the threads to seal it up proper like, I just want to check what to use so I don't explode myself. Am I right in thinking some blue loctite would do the trick? If so, I can get that at a hardware shop right? Cheers guys

Senor El Devrij

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
yup 243 or 242, you can use either of them.
and its called lock n seal like cwkotw said.

Ceicj

Sep 18, 2008
Cardiff,Wales
yeah i cant remember if this is right or if it came from my head but i think that there is a new lock tite its like a purple color and its meant for high pressures

so its great for what you want to do

EDIT:just googled it and turns out it did come from my head i was sure i heard it somewhere on this forum (i am going crazy:p)

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Loctite 243 is ok to use. If sometime in the future you need to do further maintenance on that thread, it can be tricky to take apart if you use too much.
243 primary use is for thread locking.

I would suggest a thread sealant Loctite 454, its a rubbery substance which prevents any air escaping, and is strong enough to stop any thread movement.