Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Filling Air Bottlles

Master_Noble_Viking

Deckard26354-Bladerunner
Aug 24, 2007
Dover
Hi I am wondering if I got an 02 bottle can you take it to a Diving shop to have it reacharged and if so do you need a special adapter to fit the fill nipple ?
Regards Bob I have a c02 pure energy 20oz tank and was wondering if my Tippamnns would run better on 02

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Hi

Compressed air system are sometimes referred to as N2 (Nitrogen) since some palaces do pump pure N2, it's more consistent and has not H20 vapour in. For the most part we ballers use breathing air not a specific diving mix.

If the shop has a regular dive bottle pumped you can fill from that. The most common fitting for filling a paintball air system is a DIMM fill. Available from all good e-tailers for about £50.

I warn you dive shops think the way we fill bottles is rather unsafe so expect a lecture.

The cost is usually about £3 per fill, for a dive tank down my way.

As for which is better C02 or compressed air, compressed air is by far the most consistent of the two and not cause issues like drawing liquid or C02 clouds from the barrel.

Regards

Ed

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi

Compressed air system are sometimes referred to as N2 (Nitrogen) since some palaces do pump pure N2, it's more consistent and has not H20 vapour in. For the most part we ballers use breathing air not a specific diving mix.

If the shop has a regular dive bottle pumped you can fill from that. The most common fitting for filling a paintball air system is a DIMM fill. Available from all good e-tailers for about £50.

I warn you dive shops think the way we fill bottles is rather unsafe so expect a lecture.

The cost is usually about £3 per fill, for a dive tank down my way.

As for which is better C02 or compressed air, compressed air is by far the most consistent of the two and not cause issues like drawing liquid or C02 clouds from the barrel.

Regards

Ed
Best to ask the dive shop if they are willing to fill, and what fill stations they use. There are 2 common fitting, the chances being they will require you to provide the adaptor, but in some cases they may have one if they are willing to do paintball bottles.

Ed: Can you elaborate on the dive shops lecture?

I also think the way SOME people fill isn't the best, but some people have never been shown how to fill and just do what they think they have seen. Are they lecturing against 'recommended' paintball cylinder methods or unsafe methods?

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
Hi

They consider all these quick disconnect methods, ie fill nipples, slide checks, quick release macro elbows to be unsafe.

I do totally understand there point, we are passing up to 4500 psi and are hoping a small collar and 3 tiny ball bearings will stop the two pieces coming apart under such pressure.

Nearly all of their equipment is screw thread based so it is far more secure.

They have a great respect for HPA as it is extremely dangerous if abused, plus their lives depend on their kit working while they are participating in their sport.

Regards

Ed

Master_Noble_Viking

Deckard26354-Bladerunner
Aug 24, 2007
Dover
Air

Thanks alot guys I will check these things out I have two 20 oz pure energy tanks and van get then charged for £2.50 at Saltwood paintball near Hythe in Kent But was thinking of runing my two Tippmanns on Air so again the info was a great help
Regards Bob

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi

They consider all these quick disconnect methods, ie fill nipples, slide checks, quick release macro elbows to be unsafe.

I do totally understand there point, we are passing up to 4500 psi and are hoping a small collar and 3 tiny ball bearings will stop the two pieces coming apart under such pressure.

Nearly all of their equipment is screw thread based so it is far more secure.

They have a great respect for HPA as it is extremely dangerous if abused, plus their lives depend on their kit working while they are participating in their sport.

Regards

Ed
Ta - agreed.
But we're running about 850psi at those points and 4500 is behind a screwfit regulator, however it does bring me back to a fill station operator refusing to fill while a low pressure remote line was attached. His reason was the remote was not 4500 rated so if regulator and burst disks happended to fail all at once the line would be flapping about and bursting. He did say that it wasn't his concern if the user were to plug the remote back in 5 minutes later.

.... and I have been near a burst disk doing its job when someone tried to fill a 3000 cylider on the 4500 station. People vacated the area pretty fast

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
Hi

You are still trying to get 4500 psi through a fill valve with a fitting type that gets worn easily...

I have seen many burst disk blow causing the bottles to fly, one hit Jimmy in the back at the PA in 2006.

I was there, playing Joy Division I believe at the time, when that silly sod put 3in1 in his fill nipple and blew his bottle up in Madrid in 06 too actually.

Air is dangerous and should always be treated with respect, fact.

Regards

Ed