Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Finlas marshalling in Germany

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I understand that you have to have a pro team marshall the finals at millennium events. Firstly why is this the case? would it not make more sense for the best team of marshalls at the event, going by their performances over the previous two days to marshall finals?? The ultimate could decide, or a panel of representatives from some of the top teams. if this is a crap suggestion then sorry, but the best team in Germany marshalling was defintely Cyclone, was it them who judged the finals? if it wasnt then it should have been.

Secondly, who marshalled the finals in Germany, as i dont think any pro teams were judging the event?

??

sam

EGi

Apr 24, 2003
Visit site
Cyclone marshalled only on field 6 (Diablo) and the last games we had were the quarter finals (old semis).

I wouldn't see it very fair that the better job you do the more work you get, since as it is at the moment there really is no point in marshalling. It costed each of our 8 players about 250eur to get to work long days and get shot a million times.

Don't get me wrong, we knew this before the tournament and the organisation in Max was excellent, there was always a staff member helping us, getting us drinks, coffee etc, but still I don't think Cyclone will marshall next year if the rules stay the same.

See you in Amsterdam!

--EGi

swysocki

Jun 19, 2002
the team that refs that field for the prelims and quarters should ref it for the finals! They are already familiar with the positions on that field and have countless hours of learning the "trouble spots".

By switching up the refs in the finals are we saying that it was okay for poorly reffed fields to exist up until the finals and now it is time to get serious??