Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First gun setup

Feb 27, 2009
Oldham, Manchester
I am a noob to paintball and enjoy it enough to want to purchase my own gun, I have seen that my local site are selling there ex rental arrow precision inferno field markers for just £25 fully refurbished , fitted to run on air and with lengthy gaurentees.

First question is this gun any good with regards to reliability and overall performance and is it easy to maintain.

Second question. Obviously i will need a hopper and air can for this gun so can you guys give me a idea of what would be good kit to buy. I enjoy woodlands play the most and i dont tend to be trigger happy.

I want things that will suit the BPS and Price of the gun as i dnt see the point in having a expensive hopper if its not running at full capicity however i would consider things that will be tranferable to a new gun in say a years time.

Thanks

Ned Pearson
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
IMO infernos ain't the most reliable guns in existance. Once water gets anywhere near the bolt, the gun will stop shooting. You would need to learn how to use this incredably well to fully understand how it functions.

I would say spend more money on quality rather then spend less money for something that 'will just do'.

Does your site use air fills or co2 fills? as this would help navagate your way through what guns will be available to you.

Whats your budget?

Can i ask weather you pay by the pot or by the box when you go and play?

Cam Mc

Yes, quite...
Dec 10, 2008
North West
exactly as shimmershot says.

depending on your budget, go on the classifieds on these forums and have a gander,

you can get an upped ion for about £150,
a good hopper for £35
and a steel air tank for £40

hope this helps;)

synergy

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2008
Bicester
before spending cash on anything like an ion or vibe ect you need too check too see if you can use a marker not bought from them at the site unless you are planning on doing walkons then you wont have a problem

have a chat with the guy that runs the site and see what he says about using a decent marker he might be ok with it he might not

Kem

HEADSHOT
Dec 16, 2008
S****horpe ... gah
ok i agree with most of these posted except to small points... if you want a gun thats reliable and easy to maintain DO NOT get an Ion the are stupidly well known for breaking, and they can be a bitch to repair.

second how can anyone say that an inferno is unreliable , th whole reason they are used as site guns is because they are reliable as hell.

Ive litteraly seen an inferno smashed with a sledge and work after.

You could then pour petrol on it and throw it on a bonfire take it out , lube ... works fine.

however dont gt one as a first gun the idea of getting your own is to have a better gun then rentals ide suggest you save for something like a tippman or a pmr.

Pm i have a tippmann for sale and they make amazing scenario guns

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
... if you want a gun thats reliable and easy to maintain DO NOT get an Ion the are stupidly well known for breaking, and they can be a bitch to repair...
Wrong. But never mind as you recommended a Tippman - and just happen to have one for sale. Coincidence eh?

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
I have owned an ion, never a problem, only problem was a sticky bolt and that was because i poured lube on the o-rings(first gun ever) :p lession learned.

I sold my Ion XE for £90-95 on here, and the basic one will hold you well for walk on's :)

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Ions are great guns. I'm trying to grab one for a secondary now.

They're easy to break when you first get them, overtightening stuff will lead to shearing and not looking where the wires for your eyes are leads to them getting crushed :eek: I know from experiance.

But I miss my old one, once you get used to it, it's so simple, and with a few appropriate bits and pieces it will shoot ropes and look pimp.

So yeah, I'd suggest a secondhand Ion.