Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

first gun

babyo

Oct 12, 2001
Bay Area
Visit site
I'm a newbie and i'm wondering what gun i should first buy. also i want to know what is the best barrel that is affordable out there. I'm thinking about buying tippmann's m 98 custom w/ the flatline barrel. If anybody will give me their opinion i would greatly appreciate it.

Bluefrog

Sep 23, 2001
Near Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
Yeah ur first gun should be a Tippmann as they can usually handle the pressure and abuse a newbie gives them.

If your totally new to paintball and havent played a game before then i recommend that u play a few games with out the Flatline attached just so u can get used to ur gun and how it handles before you start making the alterations, because if your thinking of entering tournament levels later with ur Tippmann the Flatline could be banned because of the unfair advantage it poses.

But anyway ur best be is the Tippmann 98
cos thats wot i got with the Flatline :)

samson300

Oct 17, 2001
Visit site
Obviously everyone has their own opinions and preferences, but i will voice mine on the basis of my own experience. I started out with a spyder TL+. You could also purchase similar spyder models for a cheaper price. Spyders are a very reliable gun with fairly good accuracy and consitency. They are also listed at a reasonable price. Another good point about the gun is their upgradeability. There are a ton of aftermarket parts available for them. I would suggest a Custom Products or a Lapco for it. They are both cheap barrels for the accuracy they provide. I hope i have been of some assistance.

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
have a look on ebay and get yourself a spyder compact. It will set you back about $70. then you can customize it as you go along. There are loads of upgrades available on Ebaya lot cheaper than the shops.

Jan 7, 2002
Visit site
i have a spyder java edition 2 in 1 and i was wondering what kind of barrel i should get. i don't want to spend any more than about $40 on it because i'm going to be getting a new gun soon, but the barrel i have sucks. i saw some tru-lift barrels on ebay i think 16" and they were like $23, is that good?

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Is there a certain brand of paint that you use? If so it would be best to find a barrel with a bore size that matches it. There is no use using large bore paint with a small bore barrel as you will encounter lots of breaks. Small bore paint will also make your marker less accurate in a big bore barrel.

http://www.paintball-international.com do some cheap barrels for the spyder. Check them out.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
First off you don't want a Flatline. Yeah other people have it, but also there are plenty of people that bought the Firestone tires that self destructed and killed a couple dozen of them. Also there are a lot of people that pay waaay too much for red wine that because it says it's from France they think it's going to be better than California or Australian or Spanish wine. Does that make it a good idea? NO! You can get great accuracy at an affordable price with Custom Products (CP) barrels, commonly found just about anywhere for around $45. Don't pay more than $55. They are accurate and suprisingly quiet while gas efficient and durable, not to mention attractively anodized. They look good, they work, and you can afford them. What else do you need?

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
My fist marker was a Tippmann m98. It is a really great gun. I bought mine off of eBay for only $99. I would recommened getting a new barrel though. My expirence with the stock barrel wasn't a very good one. I bought a Stainless Steal AA barrel for $30 off of eBay. I also bought the Flatline, and it is the coolest thing I have ever seen! I tagged a guy right on his hopper, and I was about 170 feet away! The thing is that I was aiming for the hopper. Usually when I tag somebody the paintball hits him somewhere else. I just bought a Piranha Pro TS G3, and still wait it's arrivel. I can't wait to try it out. The Tippmann is a great starter gun. :)

KCJones228

Tiki Beer God
Aug 20, 2001
Albany NY
Visit site
The worst thing I did with my 98 was to buy a Flatline Barrel. I could shoot a paintball about 3 times farther than anyone I was palying with, but couldn't hit the anything. The problem was even worse the closer the intended victim was. Now I got a Dye Ultralite, and I find accuracy beats distance any day.